PSP 3004 or PSP GO...

i too get 4 hrs,the best way to get max battery life is to do the same principle as for charging laptop batteries..(to get max juice)

@ Topicstarter/anyone willing to answer ... Hi .. right now I am in a fix about which model of PSP i should be buying.
What are the pro's of PSP2004 over PSP3004 and PSP GO . Doesn't an older model means less reliable/less updated ? ? ?

BTW , I intend to use it mostly for gaming , and i want to hack it (soft modding???) if possible.

praju7 said:
@ Topicstarter/anyone willing to answer ... Hi .. right now I am in a fix about which model of PSP i should be buying.
What are the pro's of PSP2004 over PSP3004 and PSP GO . Doesn't an older model means less reliable/less updated ? ? ?

BTW , I intend to use it mostly for gaming , and i want to hack it (soft modding???) if possible.

Lol trust me i was in the same boat a few weeks back, well here goes..

If you are planning to get the GO version, be ready to pay for the game u wanna play..Although there are reports of the OFW (i.e official firm ware) 6.1now being hackable.. check it here...(thanx to Striker10)..

Remember it does not have Blue ray too and u need to buy and Download all games from PSN only!(as of now PSN not launched in india)

My suggestion - Avoid it as of now..

Now comes 3004.
Well sony claims it to be an upgrade to 2004...but end users aka us..think that it is not really one..the only "upgrade" being microphone and a tad lighter than 2004.
There are some issues with jag lines in screen too while playing a fast video..
BUT if you are fervent in getting a new PSP 3004 then make sure it is with OFW lesser than or equal to 5.03( Only way you can verify is to check if the date of import on the packing to be on or before january of this year, coz back then i think the 5.50 firmware was not released. Someone else please correct me if i am wrong.)
If you were lucky enough to get new 3004 with 5.03 OFW ,
But unlucky enough to get the (ta-088v3) don't fret there is a temp mod available to solve it.

Note- Don't ever(as of now) permenent mod ur PSP with mother board (ta-088v3) or higher ..if you do, you will end up with a fancy paper weight..

My suggestion- Skip it unless you want a flashy new PSP to show off to your buddies..

Now come 2004...
Everyone's recommendation...again all the Do's and Dont's of 3004 applies to here too..just get a second hand one(or a new one which was imported sometime last year , finding which is highly unlikely:bleh:)from some dude who is selling either in TE market or some dealers like Praashant and just enquire about it OFW version and M/B...
I bought a seconnd hand one from praashant only with m/b (ta-088v3) . but am playing all the homebrews and ISO using Cheicken R2 and 5.03 GEN A..
Remember 5.03 OFW is Mandatory!..

My suggestion - Go for it eyes closed...

There you have it..pm me if you need further info...

Peace~

wow ... thank you for the detailed information ..

I plan on getting a PSP - 2000 or PSP 3004 (If the version is 5.03 or lower)

and i guess the date of manufacture should be before june to get that firmware .. can anyone please confirm / correct me ?

PSP Go is goos option if are interested in more than gaming, if u want to use it as pmp.

but for gaming i guess 3000 has better design

I think you cant buy games from PSN in india..

PSN is not launched in INdia..and if you enter USA address to create a PSN account then your credit card should also have the same address...so you cant buy games with indian credit card..

PSP GO is a failed technology all over the world.. PSP 3000 or psp slim should be the 2 options..

PSP 3000 screen interlacing issue is very minor n its mostly with older games..

fire said:
Remember it does not have Blue ray too and u need to buy and Download all games from PSN only!(as of now PSN not launched in india)

Peace~

Lol just noticed the mistake in my previous post..it is actually UMD ..geez my bad :p

Back