PSP 2.5/2.6 Firmware related queries

Hi Guys

Just wanted to know if there is ne way to play games from mem stick on these higher firmware versions or there are no options but to buy umds to play games on these psp's which are not downgradeable to 1.50.

Are homebrew softwares supported on this higher psp.

Are there softwares to play Divx and Xvid Videos on PSP 2.XX

Trying to find answer to these questions.

[Mods delete this thread if the discussion is not allowed on such topic]

well i too m out of psp stuffs related news presently...but as far as games are concerned and psp r concerned............if u have firmware 1.51 or firmware 1.52...or firmware 2.0...............u can downgrade to version 1.50............
but nything above that i guess its still not cracked......or may b the forum frm where i got the games hasnt updated............

playing divx stuffs...well i too have videos which r divx or avi sort off...dont have there details.......but inorder to run that on psp...........i jus use psp video 9...and convert it.....it gets converted to mp4 format and runs well on psp............in the mean while i ll try to update my psp knowledge......

also if u thining to get 1.....keep in mind..get a minimum 2gb card..........since umd store 1.7gb data...i have 1 gb one...but most of the games ripped.......now goes to ard 1.3gb...hence i cant play those games since i have 1gb one..........

Hey,
There's no way to play games off your memory stick on a ver 2.01/2.5/2.6/2.61 PSP, but if u have anything between 2.01 and 2.6, you can buy the GTA: LCS UMD and download Fanjita's GTA eLoader hack for running homebrew from pspupdates.qj.net

This hack allows you to play some homebrew softwares, but not all. I haven't tried it myself, but it seems to work OK from what I've heard from others.

Links:
- http://pspupdates.qj.net/Surprise-eLoader-v0-9-7-Bock-Released-/pg/49/aid/13842
- http://pspupdates.qj.net/Alternative-Bock-eLoader-Release/pg/49/aid/14302

whitepspbarcode.jpg

No Letter = 1.50 (North-American release) Confirmed
A = 1.50 Confirmed
B = 1.51 Confirmed
C = 1.52 Confirmed
D = 1.52 Unconfirmed (multiple version reports)
E = 1.52 Confirmed
F = 2.00 Confirmed
G = 2.01 Confirmed
H = 2.50 Confirmed

you can downgrade anything from 2.0 downwards to version 1.5
(i.e if you have 1.51, you upgrade it to 2.0 and then downgrade it to 1.5)

note::above post is frm z3k3........forum name cant disclose

No Letter = 1.50 (North-American release) Confirmed
A = 1.50 Confirmed
B = 1.51 Confirmed
C = 1.52 Confirmed
D = 1.52 Unconfirmed (multiple version reports)
E = 1.52 Confirmed
F = 2.00 Confirmed
G = 2.01 Confirmed
H = 2.50 Confirmed

you can downgrade anything from 2.0 downwards to version 1.5
(i.e if you have 1.51, you upgrade it to 2.0 and then downgrade it to 1.5)

note::above post if frm z3k3........forum name cant disclose

Please note that this applies only to US PSPs and possibly European ones too. Japanese, korean etc PSPs do not have this letter system.

ohhh.thks for updating dart....but i think no one in the forum would buy the japanese or korean version unless they understand it.......

@magnet: At many places only Jap versions are available (including Pune) cause they're cheaper to import than US versions. ;) I have a Japanese PSP. Had to change the language to English in the initial setup.

Back