PS4 vs PS3 for 720p gaming?

12gb with 500gb later... (planning to run only gta 5 and get for now)
GTA 5 requires 8 GB installation space. You won't be able to install any other game as long as you are playing this. Also, for playing online you'll need additional space for which 12GB won't suffice. My cousin has the 12GB one and he said he wasn't able to play online due to lack of space. I've got the 500 GB one so don't know for sure.

^^ GTA 5 required 8GB space...
Not sure abut GT..

so the 11.6GB drive should be capable of them...

Interestingly..Has anybody tried a SSD on this?
I might get one 120gb Cheap and run with it..

Had to go through the thread real quickly, but yes, get the 12GB model and bump up the space with an add-on drive later. Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT bother with SSD's. There isn't a groundbreaking difference. Get your standard 7200rpm drive and install away. Honestly, in all my 6 years with this console, I have never come across a game which has drove me crazy with it's load times.

You can get a good deal from Ebay too. Plus the whole discount coupon thing should shave off a couple of hundreds easy.

This one seems like a good deal:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Sony-PlaySta...8?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item3aa45f5056

Had to go through the thread real quickly, but yes, get the 12GB model and bump up the space with an add-on drive later. Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT bother with SSD's. There isn't a groundbreaking difference. Get your standard 7200rpm drive and install away. Honestly, in all my 6 years with this console, I have never come across a game which has drove me crazy with it's load times.

You can get a good deal from Ebay too. Plus the whole discount coupon thing should shave off a couple of hundreds easy.

This one seems like a good deal:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Sony-PlaySta...8?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item3aa45f5056

Thanks dude..
How about this one...? Thinking it as a single investment... Think the games are good
http://www.ebay.in/itm/SONY-PLAYSTA...1?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item43d8ac8f99

The games are good, but I'd say the 12GB+500GB external would work out to be a much cheaper deal. You can grab the above games for a much lower price now. If price is not an issue, then snag the bundled pack.

The link I gave you was already pre-discounted and hence it wouldn't drop any further. If you club this with say a 500GB Hitachi 2.5 inch SATA drive, it works out to around Rs. 18, 398/-

₹16,000 is decent price. I have got it for ₹350 less. Coming to addition of 500GB drive, I am not sure if 12GB space would be sufficient for GTA V. Tagging @prabs @quan chi @Ethan_Hunt @quixand @Black_Hawk for commenting on it.
Get the former if you like to play online like pc. Otherwise get the later one which requires you to pay for online playing. There are no major differences in both the versions. As for the storage 500gb is what I would recommend too. PSN+ is not as good as it was earlier. Now its for you to decide.:)

There are tons of people selling in warranty 12gb models for ~10k because they cannot be jailbroken.
Any pointers for the same...please?[DOUBLEPOST=1427562360][/DOUBLEPOST]
Get the former if you like to play online like pc. Otherwise get the later one which requires you to pay for online playing. There are no major differences in both the versions. As for the storage 500gb is what I would recommend too. PSN+ is not as good as it was earlier. Now its for you to decide.:)
NO No No online... not at all...
only SP missions....
even though I have a broadband.. Multiplayer/online never convinced me...

@thirumalkumaran - I do not know if you are talking about GTA 5, GT6, GT5 or GTA 4.

GTA 4 installed from complete edition is 3339 MB.

For GT6 -
20150329_003726.jpg

For GTA 5 -
20150329_003819.jpg
20150329_003906.jpg

For GT5 -
20150329_003947.jpg

A few things I need to mention are GT6 is one update behind which is of size 330mb+

Haven't played GTA 5 in a while so don't know if there are more updates. Installation Data and Updates are separate unlike GT games.

GT5 is fully updated.

So if you plan to play GT6 a 12 GB PS3 is not sufficient.

For GTA 5 a 12 GB PS3 will suffice but more games that need installation you might need a bigger drive.

For GT5 don't bother with updates infact avoid the game altogether at this point unless you have a PSP with Gran Turismo PSP on it with a bunch of cars in the garage that you want to race on a bigger screen.

12 GB is not sufficient and you will find that out soon anyways.

PSN+
I agree with @quan chi that since the last few months PSN+ free games for PS3 is bad with a few exceptions but... It did have Yakuza 4 last month and next month there are rumors that the PS3 game is Dishonored.
PSN+ experience depends on games you prefer, games that come out, the platforms it supports and the platforms that you have. I have a PS3 and a Vita but I still mark PS4 games as purchased so that when and if I buy a PS4 I will have a digital library at my disposal just like I did for the Vita. In fact my Vita is simply alive thanks to PSN+.

Single Player/Multiplayer -
This is all about personal preference. Some games are better enjoyed online and some offline and some are great in both. The Last of Us better as a campaign, Gran Turismo games not bad offline but is great online, Resistance 2 good offline but fantastic online.

Please Note - Sony has closed the servers for Resistance series.

SSD vs Regular HDD.
I did look this up and it seems there is a difference in how SSD helps PS3 in games like Skyrim 3 but it is best to avoid this game on PS3 for the amount of bugs it has. The performance difference in other games is not so huge that you should get a SSD. It is wise to go for a regular HDD in this case.

It is getting progressively worse. Recently a game came out called Evolve that needed a 2gb patch on Day one.

Gran Turismo 6 is another nightmarish game so much so that I barely play it because every time I try to play it, it needs updating. First time I tried it it took me over 4 hours just to see the PD logo thanks to updates and installation time. This over a 8 Mbps connection.

Back