PS4 gaming lounge, profitable ?

May be you can give Rent a PS4 scheme with unlimited games in limited time period ? You have to obviously take a deposit from the user.
Just a thought. Or rent games (can this be done, not sure).

Gaming lounge isn't a bad idea at all, only concern is how long can you run it? I have seen many big gaming lounge's coming up and falling even though they were a big hit. This is a good business in terms of continuous profit but it won't grow much as you must be thinking.

I would suggest you to first decide whether it is a short term plan.As rightly said above, gaming cafes dont click for a long time.If you have money better invest it somewhere.

Assuming you are getting PS4 from the free amazon shipping offer given a while ago (10 is highly impossible ) , and LG LN5400 which is for around 45k for 21k , which i don't think even a dealer would get , assuming sanity of your arguments make it only a one console Parlor . You would save on cost of controllers + Games . Get 2 Ps4's + 4 Xbox 360 +4 Ps3's for the deal combination . Add a Xbox ONE when you have additional funds . One simple reason 10 Ps4's might not simply work is since controllers are expensive and game availability is low .You can change the combination and phase out ps3 and 360 one at a time after demand increases .

Do take into account the initial period for which you have to pay out of your pocket for the 4-5 months

Budget should be
10* 40 Led - 40k each
ps4 - 30k each
ps3 - 17k each
xbox - 17 each
Games - 1.5L (start slow )
Interiors - XX ( don't skimp here , INCrease the budget here )
Snacks counter - 50k
Controllers - 45k ( Buy as and when needed )

Don't get more than 2-3 Headphones , No sound = no Environment for gaming

as i do already have my games center at Chennai and the investment is very risky, depend aveg profitable or low one depend 15-30 people come daily ,
but most of guys do broke the controller and sometime the controller will not work as i have to buy lot of controller which i perfect Chinese one for 1k each which it will last Evey 2-4 month

My cook charges me 3k for 2.5 hours...If u get any help for 4k please let me know...
here in bl;ore we hire idiots for 7-8k per month.....these idiots needs supervision thoughout the year...
For Smart or "being smart" people we probably need to allocate a budget of 12-15k per month

Also, 2-3 Rs per Unit??? commercial rates are like 6 rupees per unit and ur PS3, TV, AC together will consume 4-5 units per day (per set)....

The following math is working in my mind :)

4) Internet = 4000
5) Electricity = 2-3 rupee per unit

I would suggest you to first decide whether it is a short term plan.As rightly said above, gaming cafes dont click for a long time.If you have money better invest it somewhere.

I want a biz setup in shops which can give me much profit as compared to rent it might get, without involving much of my time
What about the cost of buying games?
Generally i am planning to buy used games in prestine condition, i can arrange some nice titles for 1.5-2k :)

Assuming you are getting PS4 from the free amazon shipping offer given a while ago (10 is highly impossible ) , and LG LN5400 which is for around 45k for 21k , which i don't think even a dealer would get , assuming sanity of your arguments make it only a one console Parlor . You would save on cost of controllers + Games . Get 2 Ps4's + 4 Xbox 360 +4 Ps3's for the deal combination . Add a Xbox ONE when you have additional funds . One simple reason 10 Ps4's might not simply work is since controllers are expensive and game availability is low .You can change the combination and phase out ps3 and 360 one at a time after demand increases .

Do take into account the initial period for which you have to pay out of your pocket for the 4-5 months

Budget should be
10* 40 Led - 40k each
ps4 - 30k each
ps3 - 17k each
xbox - 17 each
Games - 1.5L (start slow )
Interiors - XX ( don't skimp here , INCrease the budget here )
Snacks counter - 50k
Controllers - 45k ( Buy as and when needed )

Don't get more than 2-3 Headphones , No sound = no Environment for gaming

Thx bro for you calculation, PS3 and Xbox360 will be phased out soon (~~2 year), so as of now i am planning to go with PS4 and Xbox one :), in this way i can distinguish the shop from local guys
@Being.smart is this business same as this thread ?

damm you caught me :(
as i do already have my games center at Chennai and the investment is very risky, depend aveg profitable or low one depend 15-30 people come daily ,
but most of guys do broke the controller and sometime the controller will not work as i have to buy lot of controller which i perfect Chinese one for 1k each which it will last Evey 2-4 month

damm :(, can you pm me breakup and more details of your gaming lounge via PM :(, it will be offer me loads of help

Why don't you double it as a browsing centre which will give you definite footfall

seems like a nice idea :D , but then i will have to cut down the number of consoles to do so, also internet cafe don't offer much, hardly get 10-15 rupee per hour, and 80% users downloads content like maniac.[DOUBLEPOST=1385472667][/DOUBLEPOST]seems like someone is already running a franchise chain for it :D :D :D

http://www.play360.in/

https://www.facebook.com/play360lounge

Last edited:
You can have your own franchise also man, Being.gamer would be nice.

Btw cost of living depends on city. I see people getting 2.5k-3k/month here.

No. You will be sinking money with no end in sight. Unless you already have a electronics store with good business or a upscale browsing lounge(not center, lounge is the term for expensive places i heard), I mean the one where school brats who have a r15 and s4 or one with spikes or one walks on road with eyes on mobile phone wearing cigarette leg jeans comes or <insert your imagination of a spoiled kid> come, this is going to be a colossal waste of money.

@4000-6000 salary, we do get really good employees here :)

Right. it's totally depends on cost of living on that city. Here in Kol, people still works for 2k - 2.5k for month. 8k is Ok'ish for a family of 3. And 12k - 15k is considered fine. And 20k is considered great. Anything greater than 25k is considered as rich :p
This was about a year or two ago. But recently prices of vegetables have gone up. BTW to give you just a idea, MBA peoples are hired from 6k - 10k. Even I started for 4.5k as a Developer. MCA Developers are hired for as low as 3k per month.

Anyway, Coming to the point, I think the idea is good, if you have folks there who are gaming enthusiasts, and are eligible and interested to pay for gaming. Here peoples doesn't pay much for gaming AFAIK. Rs. 10 / 20 per hour is fine for computer games. But hardly you'll find a customer who would pay 50/hour for PS / XBox Gaming.

BTW, if you have such sources, why don't you get into electronic business? :O

And, I'm sure, till now, you have got 100 of PM's for PS4, after mentioning the price :p

forget electronic business, TE FS will keep you busy counting money :D

Bulk sale not allowed here, else i would have listed 5c 5s s4 One for cheapest price available nationwide :p

anyway, it seems, i will have to drop the idea of PS4 lounge, since it looks more of a risky biz :(

The thinking tank starts once again

Back