Mac OS Programs for Macbook

^same here ;)

from past five - six years, I am without anti virus. First I used XP & then

XP > Vista > Linux > Hackintosh & Win 7.

In the beginning I had Avast. Earlier versions of Avast used to alert "Virus Found" with loud voice. A friend had kept his external HDD for scanning & suddenly it started shouting "Virus found" it was middle of night & I was sleeping. I was scared shit of it, thought some alien invaded me :rofl:

Next day I uninstalled it & till today I never used any. So, if you are sure then no need to install or it wouldn't hurts to install one. Also subscribe to mac security blogs etc & do keep a watch. Because if once Mac gets infected, it is lot scarier & shit compared to Windows.

1. @ ^^^ - could you help me out with the names of some of the programs installed on your Hackintosh machine apart from the browsers/torrent/media players and office for mac ?

2. Looking for some hardware accessories - a good bluetooth mouse,a 16/32 GB pen drive with fast read/write speeds,a portable hard drive compatible with Mac OS.I will be buying these from the local Hyderabad market.

Nice list - although I have been using a lot of the apps in there over the last few months.Was actually looking for some OS enhancement software ( read eye candy! )

Well then, I wish you luck. I usually stay away from that except when occasionally I stumble upon something crazy and new. Do you recommend anything of the sort? Some active desktop apps? Or some REALLY useful widgets? Or something of the sort?

Back