Budget 41-50k Productivity and Gaming PC

Dhilipan

Recruit
I am having a really tough time choosing my CPU and GPU. The r5 5600 (12.2k) is slightly worse than the i5 12400f (11k). However, AMD has a mid board for 4.3k (Asrock B450M) but Intel only provides a bad board (MSI H610M) for 6.5k. Also, there is the i5 11400f which is cheaper in both motherboard and CPU. I'm really confused on whether to go with AMD or Intel. In regards to the GPU, the RX 6600 is worse than a750 (imo). But the idle power draw on the a750 is really bad. a750 also offers AV1 encoding which might be useful for me. Also, I do not mind a bit of tinkering with intel GPU's too. I am also confused between RX 6600 and a750 (performance for power draw). I have provided the template down below so it is easier to understand my goals.
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Dell U2412M (60hz 1080p)
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Dell U2412M (60hz 1080p)
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - R5 5600 OR i5 12400f OR i5 11400f
    • Motherboard - Any compatible motherboard
    • GPU - RX 6600 or RX 6650xt or A750
    • PSU - Any 550W Bronze
    • SSD - 1TB NVME SSD
    • RAM - 2x8 CL16 3200mhz
    • Cabinet - Ant Esports 1100
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Not really planning to.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Chennai
    • Online or Offline
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Video editing
    • Coding
      General Use
      Planning to get into other performant categories too
  8. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No
  9. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • AAA titles
    • Some esports titles such as fortnite, valo, etc
  10. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Both - 1080p (maybe will upgrade to 1440p in 2 yrs or so)
  11. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Maybe
  12. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Debloated Windows
    • Linux - Arch

Back