Budget 31-40k Prodessional PC for 40k

ChessMaster

Disciple
  1. Q: What is your budget?
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • nothing
  3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - LG 20inch HD
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel i5 2400/ i7 2600 (not planing to o.c)
    • Motherboard - z77
    • GPU - AMD FirePro/Nvidia Quadro/ Nvidia 560
  5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Don't know, will upgrade if required.
  6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
  7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Professional Work (animation)
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
  9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No
  10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Casual Games.
  11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. WideScreen
  12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
    • Hackintosh

List of software i will be running :
maya
3ds max
fume fx
real flow
rayfire

fcp(mac os)
smoke autodesk(mac os)

I don't have idea whether these software need more of Processor Speed or GPU speed, please suggest accordingly.

@ChessMaster this is what I suggest --

AMD FX-8150 ~12500/-
ASUS M55A97 ~6500/-
Quadro FX-600 ~9000/-
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 ~3500/-
HP [boxed] optical drive ~1000/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB[64 MB cache] ~5000/-
Seasonic S12II 520W ~3800/-
NZXT Gamma ~2600/-
APC BR650VA-IN ~2800/-
LOGITECH K200 keyboard ~450/-
LOGITECH G400 ~1500/-

Intel RIG --
Intel Core i7 2600 ~15500/-
Intel DH67-BL ~5800/- [if you are not over-clocking why spend extra on Z77 chipset based motherboard]
[rest configuration same as AMD]

Here is a head-to-head benchmark run between the AMD FX and Core i7 2600 --> http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/287?vs=434.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
That was quick, thx for the info, also one thing is bothering me, 8gigs of Ram enough? This PC is actually for a relative of mine, so i m bit worried..

That was quick, thx for the info, also one thing is bothering me, 8gigs of Ram enough? This PC is actually for a relative of mine, so i m bit worried..

At-least start with that much, if your friend / relative is not satisfied with the performance, you can increase that to ~16GB OR add 8GB x2 [so total RAM adds upto ~24GB] modules dependent on your budget. I had a budget to satisfy.

Apart from that you can substitute the Intel motherboard with this one -- GIGABYTE GA-H77M D3H ~6950/-.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Back