Problems with Contacts and/or Mail for Exchange in Symbian Belle

Hello.

I am using a Nokia 701. Before this I had a Lumia 800 which stopped working. So, when I switched to the 701, I imported my contacts from the 800 using Mail for Exchange. I set up a Live email address as my primary email address and that's where all my contacts came in from.

Now, this morning, I don't know how, almost all of my contacts vanished. I had around 300 earlier. I just have around 18 now, randomly chosen. My Live email inbox on the phone is wiped clean. I don't know what happened and I don't know how to get my contacts back.

It's been a long time since I've synced with Nokia Suite. So, that option will hardly be of any use. I deleted the Live email address from my Mail client but now, when I go to add a new mailbox, things never move beyond the "Preparing for setup" stage. I opened Microsoft Configure Applications and from there I opened Microsoft Exchange. I tried to sync again but the contacts list remained at 18. I deleted my account and set it up again. Still didn't get the contacts back.

Now I don't know what to do. I feel like I haven't done the ActiveSync thing properly. Could even tell me how to do it? Or, if my problem can be cured and contacts regained via some completely different procedure...then that would be helpful too!

Back