problem with exattnet/winxp?

apollyon

ex-Mod
i recently switched from iqara to exatt, and unlike iqara, exatt has a dialer...the problem is that after 1-2 hrs of continuous downloading the exatt windows dialer hangs...du meter also hangs..alt+ctrl+del also does not work, i have to reset the machine...there is no hw problem as iqara works just fine on the same pc for days...i had faced the same problem when i was using dialup....really irritating problem....plzz help guys

i have this problem with touchtel when their server goes down and the line goes dead.. cant disconnect or do anything ... whole pc just hangs :(

but i m able to end explorer and restart

On my machine their server causes a delayed boot due the dhcp service taking 1min+ to aquire an ip address from the server.No hangs though, even when the connection goes down.
Go to Nvidia Lan properties and select 'Optimize for cpu',may be it will make a difference.

hmm...looks like prob solved....using a sw called staying alive 2000...it keeps on sending tcp/ip packets to a local time server at every 15secs....no hangs for the last 12-15hrs

Back