Android Problem with battery on galaxy nexus

techygeek

Adept
I have a weird problem. I will tell what happened yesterday. Similar incidents have happened over the past week.

My phone battery died down completely. It went from 40% to dead very very quickly within 30 mins with barely any usage.
I kept it for charging. I just removed it when it reached 20% to just check. I did not keep it on charging but was using it a bit. The battery became 40 in sometime even though it was not chrging. :-O .. But then it goes down also pretty fast and had to go out so kept it for charging till 90 or something and took it out.

This time I could not measure the time it took to go from 40 to 0 but was pretty fast. What could be the problem?

Also the phone charges very fast especially from 0 to 50 or so.

I have already use the battery calibration app.

You're probably dealing with a worn out battery. As batteries age, they are unable to correctly report the charge level and voltages correctly.

Possible for you to check with another battery?
Also, try the Wakelock Detector app to see if something else is amiss with your installed apps.

My 2 year old battery does the same but at 15% so its still manageable. Swapped with another battery and it worked just fine. My laptop does the same too :p
I guess its just a dying battery and nothing else. Try another battery.

Back