Price updates from Lamington Road (Mumbai)

Don't know i have posted what swapnil gave me man,i also asked him about rates he said rates have increased recently,what can i say,give me some discount if u can,going the buy above mentioned stuff soon.
ggt said:
@ gatekeeper WTF rates from prime.

prices for 1 TB equal to a 2 tb internal HDD

@Gatekeeper: My friend bought 1tb internal from prime yesterday at 2.8K from prime :) and 6950 1gb at 12.7K... But its true for customers who are new to them they charge high price now a days... It only because of that Gulbir paaji, he is out of his mind... Calculation is straight enough... Big area = More people working = More cash outflow (salaries) = Hike in prices on each product

Still,3.6k for 1tb was too much they should have kept atleast 3k and who's Gulbir paaji?
chiragsthakur said:
@Gatekeeper: My bought 1tb internal from prime yesterday at 2.8K from prime :) and 6950 1gb at 12.7K... But its true for customers who are new to them they charge high price now a days... It only because of that Gulbir paaji, he is out of his mind... Calculation is straight enough... Big area = More people working = More cash outflow (salaries) = Hike in prices on each product

That makes me rethink about recommending Prime to anyone. 2.8k for a known customer and 3.6k for others. That is more than 25% increase, even for the kind of after sales service that they provide.

2 Querrie's :

1] Do Lammy Shops - say Prime or Mahavir offer Diwali Discounts/Offers :)

2] Does Prime procure any unlisted hardware [say If I need Intel i7-2600 or 2600S processor]?

thegatekeeper said:
I don't think so,i gave him hdd info written on a paper,why are rates so high though?

maybe just for the quote.he might not be expecting you to buy it. bargain hard or mention our insider of prime's name ;)

terence_fdes said:
2 Querrie's :

1] Do Lammy Shops - say Prime or Mahavir offer Diwali Discounts/Offers :)

2] Does Prime procure any unlisted hardware [say If I need Intel i7-2600 or 2600S processor]?

bargain hard.it wont cost you anything :p

even if you do not choose prime. get a comparative quote from other shops to put up your case.

for procuring stuff just inquire beforehand by calling them if they have it and all.

BTW my strategy has been always to inquire rates from shops like mcann,mahavir,dynamic etc and finally going to prime to purchase the items.

it will certainly help you to be reasonable during bargaining.

hey guise i need to buy a deathadder: black edition and a qck+. Would it be better to buy online or on lamington? anybody here knows latest prices for both of em? how about addresses of some good shop?

Also, are there any huge discounts or hot deals going on ANYTHING? a HDD or something? please mention.

Thanks in advance.

are the rates increased for all item?
Is it due to rise in exchange rate, rupee price went up for a dollar?
I went to lammy to enquire, bloody all the rates are increased by 200 to 800. :X
pathetic, now festivals are coming it will increase more and will provide freebies from our own pocket..

on face value all things will be expensive better roam around shops , bargain, and get a deal out of it.

prime is preferred only for their A.S.S.

no other shop will care for that as their job is just to facilitate the sale.

I agree to what Gauresh said... Prime has always saved my A.S.S coz of there A.S.S ;)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Update: The reason for the hike in WD HDD rates is already mentioned here http://www.techenclave.com/storage-solutions/hdd-prices-may-go-up-201207.html#post1951691

Morever at present in Lammy, the situation is that, due to hike in WD HDD prices, customers ask for Seagate or Hitachi HDD's and so a monopoly for those has been developed. And Lammy dealers now know well that people will buy Seagate or Hitachi HDD's instead of WD, even if they are priced a few hundred bucks below WD. Thats why they have jacked up the prices on Seagate and Hitachi HDD's too but keeping it below WD's price.

I would suggest.... Get the product where it is cheapest... Get the Pakka bill with VAT and for ASS contact the company directly.... That's the way I deal with.... Don't be too loyal with a particular shop... They all are there to make money.....

Obviously . They want to make money.
People should stick to a shop if they give special favours to you else get things where it is sold the cheapest. ;)

Back