Pre-order Sony Ericsson Xperia arc for Rs. 28,999

how are the specs of the neo better ?? Arc has more ram - thats the only diff i can see and the arc has a screen with the bravia engine ..

how would the arc compare to the htc desire hd ?

CeDrIc said:
Releasing with Gingerbread :clap:
Yeah they better do. Coz SE is too lazy to dish out updates. Their flaship labored around with 1.6 when budget handsets were coming with 2.1 and 2.2. Max update for previous flagship is 2.1. Its a shame.

Atleast now we will get 2.3 and then 2.4 by EOY :)

Oh crap! i had almost made up my mind to get a HTC Desire HD. Now looking at the prices I am tempted to buy the arc. Once in stock the prices are sure to fall by another 1.5-2k. The problem though is this wait never ends. By the time Arc releases Galaxy sII might be up for pre-order. :S

@dhrubo...the wait never ends...i was about to get desire hd this week and i might get it too...and as for se neo and arc...i totally lost faith in Sony Erickson..no updates and their service is pathetic....they take months. :O

Don't go on the Bravia Engine gimmick.. the effect kicks in only when playing video and basically pushes up the screen contrast... nothing too spectacular. As for the design.. its nice and all but hardly the best ever...

The Neo is definitely more bang for the buck.. infact it is a great price for the Neo.

from the specs and looks, arc is the best looking fone i have ever seen. and whats better is it comes with 2.3. i was waiting so as to get hands on nexes s' good deal as upgrading OS and testing app would not be a problem. but hell, i could live without that. will wait for it come then order :)

adbanginwar said:
from the specs and looks, arc is the best looking fone i have ever seen. and whats better is it comes with 2.3. i was waiting so as to get hands on nexes s' good deal as upgrading OS and testing app would not be a problem. but hell, i could live without that. will wait for it come then order :)
Galaxy S II looks better in real life and as a personal opinion .. the Nexus S too looks better.

Specs read

4.2 Inch Display Powered By Sony Bravia Engine
:O

Bravia engine in a phone too.....convergence FTW !!! :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

But dont you people think they must gave gone with AMOLED screen or is this LED backlit better ??

Dhrubo said:
Oh crap! i had almost made up my mind to get a HTC Desire HD. Now looking at the prices I am tempted to buy the arc. Once in stock the prices are sure to fall by another 1.5-2k. The problem though is this wait never ends. By the time Arc releases Galaxy sII might be up for pre-order. :S
IMO Galaxy SII will cost 35k or so. The pre order prices in Europe are ridiculously high!

raksrules said:
Specs read

:O

Bravia engine in a phone too.....convergence FTW !!! :D

But dont you people think they must gave gone with AMOLED screen or is this LED backlit better ??
Problem is there is no supply of AMOLED's from Sammy IINM. Thats the reason Desire's screen was replaced and there are no more OLED ZTE Blades.
Until their AMOLED/SAMOLED+ expansion plants are complete we will see SLCD's or LED backlights from most manufacturer with Sammy flagships alone having SAMOLED+.

@intacto..I might as well. This wait really never ends. I just need to convince myself that I won't be missing much. :)

Gingerbread update will come to Desire HD as well. And with so much mod support u need not even wait for the official updates from HTC.

Although I am sure Sony will definitely ace in the music and camera department.

DarkAngel said:
Yeah they better do. Coz SE is too lazy to dish out updates. Their flaship labored around with 1.6 when budget handsets were coming with 2.1 and 2.2. Max update for previous flagship is 2.1. Its a shame.

Atleast now we will get 2.3 and then 2.4 by EOY :)
Thank the Gods for XDA!! Because of them, my MiniPro now boasts Gingerbread.

Both ARC & NEO has thge Bravia Engine but I don't know what the fuss is for? They just tweak the display a little & name it with a pre-existing product feature such as 'Bravia', 'DNIe' etc etc

Back