PC Peripherals Power Supply Issues

I think since Tirupati has started selling online on flipkart, amazon and ebay directly, retailers have stopped stocking the products they carry. Not had an issue with them yet, but they are known to be decent for replacements and warranty support.

@vyral_143 @axeman

Judging by what both have you written I think Tirupati are known to give good support for their products so hoping I should not have any issue with the replacement

Somehow I felt the Seasonic S12 PS is better comparing Corsair CS series, that's why went ahead and ordered online. One simple pointer is that Corsair CS has 3 years warranty where as Seasonic S12 has 5 years

The Corsair range with higher warranty is way above my budget

Thanks a lot all of you

Really appreciate your help

Even if you ask for a refund, it will not come immediately. My last refund request from Amazon took almost 15 days.

If they are offering to fix the problem, I would say just play along.

Yes @dpandey , doing that only

Replacement was packed and ready to be shipped by 4 pm today. But since logistics is on ekart will reach me max by Wednesday

Only saving grace was I am lucky it was not my main pc, else each day would have been hard to pass

Also if you see the picture carefully the SMPS is not damaged by accident. Its not dented.
Rather whoever repaired it could not fit the case properly
This is terrible news if they're re-selling repaired units. There's usually a 'warranty void if opened' type sticker on PSUs, is that also missing?

@Crazy_Eddy

That sticker is there. But I feel it being there is no big deal. That can be removed and put carefully back if needed

The way the PSU cabinet is not flush fit is a clear sign for me that its opened. If someone tells me it might have come like that only from the factory, I would never buy that story. Its next to impossible. Even our local PSUs don't have such fit.
The QC department in the factory would never have approved it

It can be also be that its refurbished from the factory but no way for us to know that. Only the distributor knows and even if he is selling factory refurbished he is cheating me

Got the replacement power supply today
That was indeed quick but sadly the issue still persists with new piece also

Outer box not sealed, smps casing is snug fit, has gaps. It's hard to accept such quality from a company like seasonic when corsair has absolute perfect fit and finish

Mfg. date is April 2014

Can someone who has bought same model power supply in last few months can confirm if they are having same issues or not

Can you contact Seasonic support and ask them?

Many times, boxes get opened by customs. So it is not unusual to get open boxes for imported items. However, if the actual power supply looks damaged, I would say ask for a refund.

Do you have access to a power supply tester? If you are in Bangalore, I can lend you mine.

This is second time you are getting similar conditioned product.
Write to Tirupati and subsequently this time ask flipkart for a full cash refund.
And buy from Amazon.in or a local shop. Dont get carried away buy couple of 100's discount by online sites. This is the pain and stress one has to bear when you dont get the item you ordered or worst, the condition is compromised. :blackeye:

Best bet is ask any TE guy to buy it for you esp. if he's located in Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi etc. places having wholesale market and get it shipped to you.:)
You may have to spend some money in shipping but you will get it in the best deserved condition. ;) and lastly-- a piece of mind!!

Last edited:
I am from Mumbai only. Searched everywhere in retail shops but no one was having stock of it. On ebay and amazon same dealer is selling.
Infact, in between writing this post I could talk to Mr. Abhishek, MD of Tirupati Enterprise. He assured me that its afresh piece and atleast not repaired at their end. He also told if i am not satisfied i can return it back once again
I am sending him the images of both SMPS and he has promised me he will get back to me
Also uploading the image of the new SMPS here

new01.jpg

new02.jpg

Now, if we compare old smps and new one, we can make out that older one was in quiet bad shape comparing the new one
So is the new one OK? And this is how Seasonic SMPS fit and finish is?

Someone having the same SMPS can comment
Also waiting for the reply of Tirupati MD, Mr abhishek

If this the standard of Seasonic, then I must say they have to improve. How much ever good components they use inside, for such a high price product fit and finish should be top notch. There should be no gaps as seen in the pictures.
If other manufacturers can have why not seasonic

Also from my side i will try to find images of same SMPS on other international and indian sites and check what is the condition

Such things usually happens when parts are imported and assembled in India locally. Then you dont get that final finishing touch or quality.

But this isnt the case with Seasonic.

It appears fine to me.

Still clear it with Tirupati.

Last edited:
I am from Mumbai only. Searched everywhere in retail shops but no one was having stock of it. On ebay and amazon same dealer is selling.
Infact, in between writing this post I could talk to Mr. Abhishek, MD of Tirupati Enterprise. He assured me that its afresh piece and atleast not repaired at their end. He also told if i am not satisfied i can return it back once again
I am sending him the images of both SMPS and he has promised me he will get back to me
Also uploading the image of the new SMPS here

new01.jpg

new02.jpg

Now, if we compare old smps and new one, we can make out that older one was in quiet bad shape comparing the new one
So is the new one OK? And this is how Seasonic SMPS fit and finish is?

Someone having the same SMPS can comment
Also waiting for the reply of Tirupati MD, Mr abhishek

If this the standard of Seasonic, then I must say they have to improve. How much ever good components they use inside, for such a high price product fit and finish should be top notch. There should be no gaps as seen in the pictures.
If other manufacturers can have why not seasonic

Also from my side i will try to find images of same SMPS on other international and indian sites and check what is the condition
This is normal for Seasonic.

Yeah the 2nd PSU seems alright. First one definitely seemed off.

I'm guessing the issue is the jigsaw puzzle notches on the edge, they should have opted for a clean straight line.

Hi all
Yes even Mr. Abhishek said that first was is surely damaged but not from his side but by Flipkart. Second one he too said is fine and still If i want I can ask for replacement from flipkart and he will do the needful

@Crazy_Eddy very true, issue is with jigsaw puzzle type edges and if they had opted for clean straight line, there should not have been any problem

But in my defense, i expected a Rs. 5000 SMPS to have a clean tight fit

Anyways, atleast issue is solved and good on Tirupati's side to clear my doubts else I would have felt I was cheated

Thank you all of you for helping me out as well

Happy to know there are people who have good business ethics. Initially I thought Tirupati had given me a refurbished product but I take my words back. Mr abhishek had even replied to my twitter message and had written to send it back to him ASAP and he will send me a new one. He had send me a direct message so I missed it

Installed the seasonic power supply and it works quiet good. Hardly any noise

The old power supply has already done the damage. One RAM module has gone dead and was getting "PAGE ERRORS" with fresh installation of windows 8

Luckily had 2 RAM modules and its life time warranty transcend

Now will have to search where is service center of transcend in Mumbai

That is main reason recommending use of good PSUs instead of local ones. They take some components with them when they die.

Good luck with Transcend A.S.S. which have degraded; not sure if they have improved in last few months.

That is main reason recommending use of good PSUs instead of local ones. They take some components with them when they die.

Good luck with Transcend A.S.S. which have degraded; not sure if they have improved in last few months.

Very true vyral_143
Learnt the hard way.

Will try my luck with Transcend but wont waste time following up with them if its of no use.
There is no point stressing out with companies and dealers who don't believe in customer service

Infact components like RAM also from now on will buy from a reputed manufacturer and dealer so don't have to run behind them incase it stops working under warranty

Back