OC & Modding Post your overclocks !

nikhilb2008 said:
Try updatung your BIOS to the latest version. Even my mobo did not have the AGP PCI locks. Now, after updating the BIOS, I can set my AGP/PCI to 66.66 and 33.33.

Tried it still noo luck :( I will have to wait until I can get a better board :ashamed:

Good effort there darky. now i know why you are absent from the board.
now go for your targetted 3 ghz with all out effort.

ps: which memory sticks you are using. ??
Thanks man.
BTW i am using Generic Hynix RAM,It is D43 chip that i have. ;)

OH (dark) lord.....

Please tell me where the temple is..... I have to worship you.... You are GOD!!! right guys???

Hey Darklord.....
please please please send me an email to this --- nikhilb20081986@rediffmail.com

I need to talk to GOD. Closest I can come to that I guess....

And what is the maximum I can raise my Vcore??? I have pushed it to 1.504 at the moment and running my 3200+ @ 2.4 GHz. Please please please please mail me.....

Well let me answer your questions one by one,

Please tell me where the temple is..... I have to worship you.... You are GOD!!! right guys???---------> Please, i am not anything like that,yes i do accept that i love OC'ing and i do it whole heartedly.You can call me an obsessed OC'er,that is more apt. :D

Hey Darklord.....
please please please send me an email to this --- nikhilb20081986@rediffmail.com----------------> You can mail me or catch me on YAHOO/MSN,
ameygokhale@yahoo.com
ameygokhale@hotmail.com
For mails i prefer hotmail.
And what is the maximum I can raise my Vcore??? I have pushed it to 1.504 at the moment and running my 3200+ @ 2.4 GHz.---------> The latest BIOses seem to be locked @ 1.55V
If you can get more Vcore,you can go a bit higher.How much Vcore to increase,well that depends on your need while OC'ing the last crucial 100MHz.

ASROCK motherboard.

Asrock k8 combo Z . Supports both 939 and 754

Frankly Stalker, it isnt the greatest of boards for OC'ing.Dont get me wrong buddy. ;)

Oh.....

and Darklord,

I get a voltage fluctuation of .16V on vcore. Almost always. Is that ok??? I have a Powersafe 500 Watts PSU.
That is normal.If you go for Antec PSU,those voltages remain much more stable but its ok.

Try updatung your BIOS to the latest version. Even my mobo did not have the AGP PCI locks. Now, after updating the BIOS, I can set my AGP/PCI to 66.66 and 33.33.

Well it also varies from Chipset to Chipset,isnt it ? ;)

Frankly Stalker, it isnt the greatest of boards for OC'ing.Dont get me wrong buddy.
Managed only 2.0ghz (stock vol) :( it was the only AGP board I could find in this price range.
Yeah chipset doesnt support PCI/AGP locks. Do you think I can push it furthur?
your still running on air?

You must have got a good PCB board for your ram. even if the chips are the same it depends on the build quality which I think yours is very good ;)

Darklord said:
Thanks man.
BTW i am using Generic Hynix RAM,It is D43 chip that i have. ;)
Well let me answer your questions one by one,

Please tell me where the temple is..... I have to worship you.... You are GOD!!! right guys???---------> Please, i am not anything like that,yes i do accept that i love OC'ing and i do it whole heartedly.You can call me an obsessed OC'er,that is more apt. :D

Hey Darklord.....
please please please send me an email to this --- nikhilb20081986@rediffmail.com----------------> You can mail me or catch me on YAHOO/MSN,
ameygokhale@yahoo.com
ameygokhale@hotmail.com
For mails i prefer hotmail.
And what is the maximum I can raise my Vcore??? I have pushed it to 1.504 at the moment and running my 3200+ @ 2.4 GHz.---------> The latest BIOses seem to be locked @ 1.55V
If you can get more Vcore,you can go a bit higher.How much Vcore to increase,well that depends on your need while OC'ing the last crucial 100MHz.
Frankly Stalker, it isnt the greatest of boards for OC'ing.Dont get me wrong buddy. ;)

That is normal.If you go for Antec PSU,those voltages remain much more stable but its ok.
Well it also varies from Chipset to Chipset,isnt it ? ;)

Thanks a lot Darklord. And what I meant abt the voltage was that till which level it is safe to keep on increasing the voltages. I mean.... there has to be a level(definitely 1.7V ;)) where the PCU will just not take the load and simply give up.... That is what I meant.... The highest safe level I can increase with regard top the CPU.

And I am definitely on my way to becoming an obsessed OC'er(or at least I hope so... ;))

Guys, this is my overclock. At the moment, I am running it at 2.5 @ Vcore of 5.3 but have not yet tested it. So, I am not posting that. This is my best stable overclock.

Drop multiplier to something like 8.5-9, put the divider to 3/4 (DDR333), Keep increasing FSB. You should get better overclocks that way.

Chaos said:
Drop multiplier to something like 8.5-9, put the divider to 3/4 (DDR333), Keep increasing FSB. You should get better overclocks that way.

Thanks for that... But at the moment, my problem is like this.....

I have increased FSB to 250 keeping multi same at 10. I have also increased the volatge to 1.525(According to BIOS) 1.552/1.568(acording to CPU Z) 1.536/1.552(according to Asus PC Probe).

And the computer is unstable. Everytime I run PRime 95, it stops within a minute or less.

And RAM is at DDR 200 1:1. The lowest setting. Latency is 3-4-4-8.

What more can I do???? I am puzzled. :huh:

nikhilb2008 said:
Thanks for that... But at the moment, my problem is like this.....

I have increased FSB to 250 keeping multi same at 10. I have also increased the volatge to 1.525(According to BIOS) 1.552/1.568(acording to CPU Z) 1.536/1.552(according to Asus PC Probe).

And the computer is unstable. Everytime I run PRime 95, it stops within a minute or less.

And RAM is at DDR 200 1:1. The lowest setting. Latency is 3-4-4-8.

What more can I do???? I am puzzled. :huh:

Ur CPU is unable to do more than 2.5GHz. Maybe thats the limit at default multiplier. DDR200 is 1:2 not 1:1. DDR400 is 1:1. See if its stable at 9x multiplier. If it is, thats the limit of the CPU at 250 HT link speed.

Hey chaos, in A8v the asus used different nomenclature for dividers.
1:1 is DDR200 on that board and not DDR400.
By the way, it depends on the board.
On my A8V Dlx the max stable i could go was just 2.45Ghz and barely stable at 2.5Ghz.
the same chip does 2.75Ghz on A8N sli.

Tried some ocing with my new rig ;)

sepcs
Cel D 2.4
ASRock P4-i65Gv
256 MB hynix

and now the mem, not too great, and cant go beyond 225 MHz, and there is not Divider settings in my mobo? any help with this?

this is the max i can achieve, increase more and its unstable, random reboots and BSOD with the following error
"PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA"

or something like that, proccy still has a lot of juice left in it though...

Nice Overclock Rave.

Managed to go a bit above 2.4ghz! :clap:
My memory is pretty ok. Best it could do was 242 (484mhz) not bad for vaule ram ;)

I had to reduce speed to 166mhz and then overclock here are the results.

Attachments

• CPU.JPG
    CPU.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 214
  • cpubenchmarks.JPG
    cpubenchmarks.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 207
  • memory.JPG
    memory.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 226
  • mem bestoverclock.JPG
    mem bestoverclock.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 226
stalker , please try these timings 3-4-4-8. i think dark managed 290 at 3-5-5-10 or such so give that a try as well.

also did you see this at the extrmesystems site
TIP: It is about TRFC timing , when u run ram dividers other than 200 it changes TRFC from 14 to lower values and it limits memory overclocking. If u set it by a64 tweaker to 14 then memory overclocks as good as in 200 divider.

thanks mask

bottle
thanks again! I owe you big time. Will try it and let you know. I am reading it right now ;)

quadmaster
using Micron OEM modules rated for 400mhz.
gives me around 5.6 - 5.7Gb at 480.

Back