asingh said:
How is the seeding these days on TL..?
same old PITA to seed mate
dumped it for Flro and Rutracker since the content is same or larger

BTW
i am in the process of leaving torrents altogether
had better experience in Newsgroups
safer faster and no ratio bull also much tougher to throttle by isps
although retention is just 400 days(paid go as high as 1200 days)

^ what? TL is one of the easiest sites to seed , just get any new xbox/pc game torrent , download about 20% of the file and seed there are leechers on these and movie torrents for weeks,

funkysourav said:
same old PITA to seed mate
dumped it for Flro and Rutracker since the content is same or larger

BTW
i am in the process of leaving torrents altogether
had better experience in Newsgroups
safer faster and no ratio bull also much tougher to throttle by isps
although retention is just 400 days(paid go as high as 1200 days)

please post more info on newsgroups or pm, tired of seeding too.

JPL said:
please post more info on newsgroups or pm, tired of seeding too.

In the case of Newsgroups, it is a little different than torrenting

First you need a Server or NewsGroup Provider

There are numerous providers out there like Astraweb,Giganews,Blocknews etc

they have retention running into 1200 days with 97% average completion rate

and are not free, you'd have to pay anything between 12$ to 20$ for a month of server access.

However if you want a free provider, you can try

XS Usenet - Free Usenet provider but the speeds are limited to 1Mbit for free usage and only just over 380 days retention

which means you can download files which have been uploaded a year ago at most

next you need a Client

since you are a newbie i will recommend you UNZBin

it is simple intuitive (resembles uTorrent) and does the job beautifully

or you can try SabNZBD+ the best newsgroup client available

though there might be a learning curve involved

Lastly you need some place to download those NZB files from(NZB is to newsgroups as .torrent files are to Bittorrent)

Personally i like FilesharingTalk.com

it is a forum where you need to register to gain access to their NZB database

you can check out NZBsrus and NZBclub too

That's all you need to get started right now

asingh said:
How good is the content on NGs vs. PTs..?
you cant compare Newsgroups with Private Trackers
as their focus are completely different with some overlaps

in the case of newsgroups, if you opt for a premium(paid) service you can get access to virtually everything which has been released in the past 3&1/2 years
there is no Ratio to be maintained, no seeders to be nagged, nothing
if it is scene, its available on a newsgroup collection but you have to know how to search for them
as the process involved is a bit more complex than torrenting which is simple point and click and start

but this complexity has its advantages too
Exclusive releases like that of Ebp, CtrlHD, CHD, NPW, Cinephilia which are bound to specific trackers are available quite freely in newsgroups
so you don't have to be L33T torrenter to make L33T downloads available to you

you can use Mysterbin.com and Binsearch.info
they are the TPB of Newsgroups
just use the following parameters in the filter

Advanced Search
Query:ebp
Maximum Age of Post:365 Days
Size Between: 3000MB<10000MB
Only show Collections
Only show Collections that have an .nfo

here ebp is an exclusive uploader for HDBits
you can change it to CtrlHD, NPW etc etc

But i will still say nothing beats Torrents in matters of convenience and ease of use and availability of content
i will use newsgroups only to Complement my torrenting not to replace it by entirety
or that is till we get HTTPS in torrenting or ISPs start sending seize and desist letters

Over a period of time torrents has taken over newsgroups/usenet the release come there very slow compared to torrents but yeah its very good for exclusive content

dinjo said:
Over a period of time torrents has taken over newsgroups/usenet the release come there very slow compared to torrents but yeah its very good for exclusive content
Torrents are dominant due to their ease of use and being newbie friendly
release speeds/Pre's have nothing to do with it
since Pre's in Newsgroups IRC Channels are comparable if not better than Trackers like SCC when it comes to tracking 0-Day Scene Releases
But it can be delayed in case of P2P(non-Scene) releases which have no Pre

update:

Scene-Inspired-Community :: Signup

has signups, and have changed seeding rules, old rules seed 1:! or 72 hours.

new rules seed 1:! or 36 hours.

friendly site, staff, auto uploading bots that upload scene releases from gft and revott as well as TL.

Plus staff also upload on requests, have live radio almost everyday and live show done by one of their DJ . They also have irc channels fro fun and chat.

Not promoting anything just letting every1 know its a gr8 site to be on.

^ guys i want to give a suggestion regarding posting format of a registration opening

Since many people on the forum are moving to NAS/Download boxes day by day. And most of them are using transmission on their download boxes

So my advise is that if anyone posting about the opening links can also post the accepted versions of different clients for different platforms. It would be great :)

thatsashok said:
^ guys i want to give a suggestion regarding posting format of a registration opening

Since many people on the forum are moving to NAS/Download boxes day by day. And most of them are using transmission on their download boxes

So my advise is that if anyone posting about the opening links can also post the accepted versions of different clients for different platforms. It would be great :)

just a question ? when u signup, don't u read em rules ? guess its the first thing one checks upon signup.

vishalk said:
just a question ? when u signup, don't u read em rules ? guess its the first thing one checks upon signup.
i guess he wants know the information before igning up
no point signing up in a tracker and then find out it is not to your requirements

funkysourav said:
i guess he wants know the information before igning up

no point signing up in a tracker and then find out it is not to your requirements

um...yeah true but don't we all almost do it that way, u signup for those that interest you and keep those u find seeding easier ? dunno just my view. However, what he says can help community at large.

Back