Linux Possible to recover admin user/pass from Joomla! ?

Ank1t

Skilled
Hey guys,

I'd installed Joomla a while back to use it to work on a site and while installing i gave a user name and password for the same which i cant really recall right now :ashamed:. Is it possible to recover it? Or do i can to do a clean re-install all over?

I dont think password can be recovered. But it can be reset in the database so that you get back access.

Create a general user and note the password. Then go to jos_users table in phpmyadmin or any mysql client you are using. Copy the MD5 hash of the general user and paste it into admin password by editing the admin row. Then you can use the password of general user you created for the admin too.

More info on the same - FAQ: How do I recover my admin password? A simple google query would have got you the answer.

If you have solved the problem then fine.

else, just re-install it. As it was also a fresh installation, so, there will be no data loss.

When you reinstall, on the DB setup page, choose 'clear previous data', basss....

Why waiting....

^ Yup decided to go for that only :)

@evilution

that didnt work dude

@random2

im verrry new to CMS and kinda didn't understand what you said or what that link said :ashamed: the installation in on local machine (my comp). no registered site.

if you dont have much of any important things done, go ahead and reinstall it. its a better option if you are new to mysql and things. If you still need the previous install and want to change the admin password, let us know with further details of your setup.

PhpMyAdmin is a web-based MySQL's front-end tool.

Just like Oracle's 'Navigator'.

It feels like you are using M$ Access with much more options.

I think it is not installed. Its optional. To install it you need to run PHP (basic Apache server or IIS with PHP-plugin).

Hmm.. well i really dont know about all this.. only thing i know is that i have to start apache and mysql to use joomla! :ashamed: Dunno any working, any details.. nothin..!

The correct path should be -
Basic PHP
Basic MySQL
Basic MySQL Administration
Basic PHP+MySQL
Joomla or any other CMS

But, I think you jumped :eek:hyeah:

You should d/l the Joomla's manual PDF and read.... ;)

Lol well.. so maybe i jumped :p My friend did it, so i thought wat the heck :D

Yup did download a couple of user guides/tutorials. Reading up on them. Helps :)

Rather than installing all of those packages separately, just get a precompiled app like xampp. It has all the necessary stuff, and is click and use :)

Back