Please Suggest Rig 30K

anup_ja

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?
Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
Its Old P3
Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
DVD Writer, Keyboard, Mouse.
Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU – Intel i5 - 2400
Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
Hard Disk - 1 TB

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
No Component will be added.
Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Pune local dealer
Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No
Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Casual Gaming, Browsing.
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
No
Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Casual gaming. Not a big gaming enthusiast.
Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Suggest The best
Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No
Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

Thanks in adv. :)

Okay bro, here's the deal. If you intend to do any gaming, you are gonna get sooo sooo disappointed with the Core i5 2400, and your budget doesn't permit a discrete GPU well.

Might I suggest Llano? It will suffice perfectly for casual gaming as you say you intend to do. And I believe a Llano combination might turn out cheaper, leaving more budget to buy a better monitor, essential for a good Movie and Browsing experience.

What say to my plan?

Components Description Price (INR)
Processor Core i5 2400 9300
Motherboard MSI H67MA-E35 4600
RAM Corsair 4GB DDRIII 1333MHz 1900
HDD Seagate 1 TB 7200.12 2750
GPU Intel HD2000 -
Monitor Benq G2220HD 7400
Cabinet CM Elite 310 1500
PSU/SMPS FSP SAGAII 350w 1500
Speakers Altec Lansing 2.1 VS2621 1650
Total 30600

This is Mumbai pricing. So you might want to add OCTROI and Pune pricing might be slightly higher.
This should make a good config considering you have a good quad, H67 mobo with USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gbps(Considering you hardly upgrade this should come in handy).
Rig should last you quite a while for your needs. :)

P.S: The mobo doesnt have IDE ports. So in case you DVD R/W is IDE then you have to sell it off and get a SATA one.

P.S: If you wait for a month or two then as Comp@ddict says Llano will be a better choice for your usage :)

Thanks a lot Comp@ddict and DarkAngle. But i cant wait for Llano and i am purchasing it for my friend and he have taboo about AMD so i will go with Core i5 2400 sandy bridge. If we remove the speaker and go with Dell 19" monitor can we add some decent GPU so that my friend can play few games on it ??
Please correct me if i am wrong.

Do not skimp on the monitor its a really great monitor... If your friend wants he can add a GPU later but do not skimp on the monitor...

Back