Please recommend Security Camera for shop.

Hachune

Disciple
Hello, first of all, I would like to start by saying I am completely new to CCTVs/Security Cameras in general. I want to setup a camera for my mom's shop. It's a rather small one so one camera should be enough. Possible problems are :
1. No wifi so I believe some smart cameras like Xiaomi, realme etc. are out of the question I believe?
2. Frequent power cuts in the area.
What would be a cheap solution for it? I thought of building a small PC and a camera but that would require turning on the PC and re-setup everytime there is a power cut? which my mom doesn't wont be able to do. Please suggest me anything. Thanks

How frequent are the power cuts?
You haven't mentioned your budget for the setup so..

You can get away with a small inverter/ups thing and a spare phone acting as router and a basic camera again with/without recorder option.

How frequent are the power cuts?
You haven't mentioned your budget for the setup so..

You can get away with a small inverter/ups thing and a spare phone acting as router and a basic camera again with/without recorder option.
Power cuts is like once per day, it's a rural area so sometimes no power for a whole day. I don't mind if it there is no recording during these downtimes but the issue is getting the system backup when power comes back, my mother probably doesn't know how to it.
Budget is upto 5000 I would say, any amount under it is preferable, ideally the cheapest.
I have an unused inverter lying around but battery is going to be expensive.

Does the wifi has to have an internet connection? If it's just a wifi then I have unused routers.

Power cuts is like once per day, it's a rural area so sometimes no power for a whole day. I don't mind if it there is no recording during these downtimes but the issue is getting the system backup when power comes back, my mother probably doesn't know how to it.
Budget is upto 5000 I would say, any amount under it is preferable, ideally the cheapest.
Mother has to do nothing, once ups/inverter is setup its all auto. She doesn't even have to touch the equipments..
I have an unused inverter lying around but battery is going to be expensive.
This is the best time to put it to a good use.
Does the wifi has to have an internet connection? If it's just a wifi then I have unused routers.
Nop but router for configuration ease of managing recordings/devices from dashboard but if thats not required then a plug and play standalone cam will do the job but again what if someone steals something, you wont be having a recording handy right to nab the culprit or provide evidence.

Get in contact with a hikvision guy, he will install and setup everything for you, all you need is a NVR, one IP camera, one Hard disk and some wires, get quotation for this and see if you can afford it.

Also you'll need a monitor too.

Hello, first of all, I would like to start by saying I am completely new to CCTVs/Security Cameras in general. I want to setup a camera for my mom's shop. It's a rather small one so one camera should be enough. Possible problems are :
1. No wifi so I believe some smart cameras like Xiaomi, realme etc. are out of the question I believe?
2. Frequent power cuts in the area.
What would be a cheap solution for it? I thought of building a small PC and a camera but that would require turning on the PC and re-setup everytime there is a power cut? which my mom doesn't wont be able to do. Please suggest me anything. Thanks
Hikvision or Dahua NVR + IP Cam(s). The former is easily available and reasonably priced.
Easy to DIY as well if you so wish

Hey,
My dad got a CCTV camera from trueview, it was setup by a local vendor. It uses a mobile sim card and you can contol it using your mobile app. It has a sd card storage and the vendor has installed it to have a month's backup (onboard sd card) is what my dad said. There's also a cloud storage option for rolling three days backup it's 650 and 7 days is 850 for a year. The cost of setup was 7k but it included like setting up wiring and everything by the vendor.

Get wifi router and internet. (pretty cheap and might be cheaper than 5g data)
Get Tplink Tapo Cams and sdcard
Setup and get decent coverage at decent price.

Back