Please Help me build a Desktop Computer 25K/30K

Q: What is your budget?

25K without Graphics Card/30K with Graphics Card

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

Currently I have a Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop. No desktop PC
<

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

NA, as there's NO Desktop PC

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
  • Processor: AMD
  • Mobo: Asus
  • HDD: Seagate/WDD 1TB or 500GB
  • RAM: No Idea, maybe Kingston/corsair - 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3
  • Graphics Card: Seriously NO Idea
    <

• Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech NORMAL
  • DVD Writer: Samsung/Sony/whatever is best and cheap
  • SMPS/Cabinet - No IDEA
    <

• Monitor - Samsung/LG/other which have good after sales service and have lots of service centers

But, if TE Gurus suggests something more better, I will reconsider everything
<

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

FINAL Configuration. But wanna add more powerful graphics card in future, as games now a days and in future requires a lot

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Online, because I am sure Shops will not arrange hardware what TE members are going to suggest. even if they arrange, there will be huge price difference a.k.a. LOOTKHORI
<

I am from Bhopal, MP

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

NO

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
  • Gaming
  • Browsing
  • Desktop Processing
  • Watching HD movies
  • Multi-tasking
  • Creating HD (atleast 720p) Screencasts (for both games and softwares)
  • HD Video Editing

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

NA

Completely relying on suggestions from gurus here
<

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

• SKYRIM
  • GTA 4
  • CRYSIS
  • Battlefield 3
  • COD
  • Future Games
    <

I don't wanna play at highest settings with everything ON, atleast medium will suffice without any lags
<
Also, wanna create HD (atleast 720p) in-game screencasts using FRAPS etc.

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Bigger is better
<

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

NOOOOO

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 8
<

Please help TE Gurus

Thanks

- Mrinmay

^^ You'll need to uprate your budget slightly Sire ~ 35000/- [if possible], else this is the configuration I would recommend --

Intel Core i3 2100 ~ 6200/-

Intel DH67-BL ~ 5800/- OR MSi H67MA-E35 ~ 4800/-

Corsair XMS3 4GB x 1 1600MHz module OR G.Skill equivalent ~ 1650/-

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 250GB ~ 3900/- [yes hard drive prices have shot up like anything thanks to floods in Thailand]

AMD HD 6670 OR HD 5770 second-hand ~ 5000/- [get the HD 5770 second-hand till you get a brand new card later, it performs better than the 6670]

Logitech Media combo [keyboard + mouse] ~ 750/-

DVD Writer [Samsung / LG / HP OEM piece] ~ 1100/-

Seasonic S12II 520W ~ 3500/-

NZXT Gamma OR NZXT Source 210 ~ 2400/- OR 2100/-

Dell IN2030M ~ 6500/- [20" 720p capable monitor + DVI-out]

APC BR-600VA ~ 1900/-

Your best bet is to get these components sourced from a trusted site like SMC International [Delhi] OR PrimeABGB / The ITWares [Bombay].

Hope this helps, #mrintech Sire. Cheers!!

Mobo-Intel DH61WW-3.4K or Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2-3.4K

Gpu-Sapphire HD6770-6.9k

HDD-Segate 500gb 7200rpm-4k[It's better to get 500gb-4.5k than 250gb for 4k]

PSU-Corsair CX430V2-2.2K would be enough.

H61 mobo would suffice.

Rest as suggested above.

Well then op needs to stretch his budget a bit and if he's gonna get a powerful gpu then there's no point in suggesting one now.

I am suggesting this AMD rig:

Processor: AMD 3.3 GHz AM3 Phenom II 960 Processor

Mobo: ASUS M5A88-M

RAM: 4 GB DDR3 Corsair or Kingston 1600 MHz

GPU: Sapphire HD6770

HDD: Seagate/Hitachi 500 GB 7200rpm

PSU: Corsair CX430V2

Cabinet: Cooler Master Elite 330

DVD RW: Liteon

Monitor: Samsung B2230HD

Processor doubt here. This is also a good buy: AMD 3.6 GHz AM3+ FX4100 Processor. But I am not sure which one performs better, so let the experts help you here.

Processor: AMD 3.3 GHz AM3 Phenom II 960 Processor

Processor doubt here. This is also a good buy: AMD 3.6 GHz AM3+ FX4100 Processor. But I am not sure which one performs better, so let the experts help you here.

The Intel Core i3 mauls the AMD Deneb and Zosma cores thoroughly, in gaming and other lightly threaded applications the Sandy-Bridge architecture excels and Phenom processors fall back. Also the AMD processor draws in more power.

Bulldozer based FX-series processor are a damp squib, not worth it in front of the Intel offerings and older better performing AMD architecture.

http://www.legitrevi...m/article/1766/

When it comes to performance we were shocked to see the AMD A8-3850 'Llano' processor and the Socket FM1 platform performing better than the AMD FX-4100 'Bulldozer' processor and the Socket AM3+ platform. We quickly found out that the FX-4100 was priced this low as it needed to be. The performance of the FX-4100 wasn't awful, but we didn't expect to see the AMD A6-3650 running at 2.6GHz to beat the AMD FX-4100 running at 3.6GHz in benchmarks like POV-Ray and Cinebench!

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/amd-fx-8120-6100-4100.html

Two months ago when we tested the top desktop Bulldozer processor, we concluded that it turned out a big disappointment. The results of our today’s FX series testing, including lower-cost CPU modifications, didn’t change out opinion. Processors on Bulldozer microarchitecture with four or six cores are designed exactly the same way as their eight-core counterparts. Pairs of cores are combined into modules and share some of the resources. And even though this approach can be implemented at a lower transistor count and allows producing relatively inexpensive monolithic semiconductor dies, the actual performance-per-core drops making the final product not so well-balanced in the end. As a result, AMD can sport many processor cores, but in reality this number doesn’t mean anything. Our tests showed that a pair of Bulldozer cores can compare in performance only against one Sandy Bridge core, and only with certain allowances and only in applications that split the load in parallel threads. This is where the low performance in most applications comes from.​

The flagship eight-core CPU in the FX family, AMD FX-8150, in most cases can’t catch up even with the quad-core Core i5-2500, performing well only in few selected applications for 3D modeling and during video transcoding.

Slower eight-core modification, AMD FX-8120, looks even less convincing, because it has significantly lower clock frequencies. In terms of performance, this processor ranks even below the quad-core competitor solutions. Moreover, FX-8120 is also slower than the top previous-generation AMD CPU – Phenom II X6 1100T.​

#mrintech Contact Manish Rathi (perfect world computers) I got my rig from him at lower rate than what smc or any other online site quoted me. I can give you his no and shop address if you want.
<

Back