Please help me activate my Adobe Creative Suite!

Hello,

I recently installed Adobe CS4 on my PC and during the setup, I entered a key I thought was legit and valid. Well, it was legit...but it wasn't valid anymore. It had expired. Turns out it was just a trial key given for instructional/educational purpose or something like that.

But anyway, now I have a fully legit and working key with me now. I want to activate the Suite and start using the software but now, whenever I start Photoshop or Premiere, this is the message I get - "Licensing for this product has expired" and the window closes. There's not even any option to enter another key and activate the suite, the window just closes.

Does anyone know how I can enter my new key and activate the software? I don't have the setup with me anymore, so consider that ruled out for the time being. A friend suggested rolling the system clock back and going with that, but I was hoping for something better than that. Any suggestions?

Did you try the standard uninstall - install process? If not, just uninstall CS, restart the system, then install it back and enter the key.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

EDIT: Didn't read you don't have the set up.

Do you have Adobe License Manager installed? If not, do that. IIRR, it has the option to change the key.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

There also used to be a 'Deactive' option under the 'Help' menu in previous versions of CS. Not sure if that still exists. If it is there though, select that option, there is a checkbox to 'erase' the key. Enable it. Next time you start the application, it will ask you for the key. You can now enter the new key you have

Hey,

Thanks so much for the reply. I don't have Adobe License Manager installed. Could you tell me how I can get it? I tried searching on Google and on Adobe's site - but to no avail.

I turned my system clock back to January 1 2006 and started Premiere Pro. It did start this time, thankfully. But when I clicked on "Help" in the Menu Bar, the "Deactivate" button was greyed out, i.e., I couldn't select it.

Did I turn the date back too much? Too little? What am I doing wrong? Anything else I can do?

can trial software be turned into fully functional ones in the first place?

imo, you need the full retail dvd first. Also do you get option of saving files in photoshop trial version? last time i had a trial version, there was no save option in it.

6pack said:
can trial software be turned into fully functional ones in the first place?

Yes. I previously had Sony Acid 3 trial version and it had all the versions built into itself. If a registered key is inserted it would get converted to express, premium version etc :D. Not sure about this Adobe Creative suite though :p

Back