Please explain the different PS4 Models

KnightstarK

Disciple
Sep 28, 2021
I'm looking to buy my first console, but there are so many!
Pro, slim, fat, etc.
What's the difference and approx. cost for each. Which would be best to buy?

FXGalvatron

Adept
May 20, 2020
Pro is for 4K, Slim is for better airflow (I think) and smaller footprint and slightly better wifi (has 5Ghz band compared to Fat) and fat, is well, the OG console. Wpould recommend the Pro if you have a 4K TV. I think the difference b/w Pro and Slim would be around 5-6K, though others have a better idea. If possible, buy PS5. Can do what the Pro does and more.

Reactions: KnightstarK

KnightstarK

Disciple
Sep 28, 2021
I see.

Pro > Slim > Fat

is there any significant difference in terms of performance?

I saw some threads here about Jailbreaking PS4... which will let you play pirated games but bans you from playing online. Is there any other advantage to it? 'Cause jailbreaking sounds pretty dumb, in that case.

As I mentioned, I've never owned a console before (so, I'd rather buy a pre-owned PS4 for cheap, than dish out 50k for a PS5 and end up unsatisfied)

Reactions: FXGalvatron

KnightstarK

Disciple
Sep 28, 2021
I would suggest going for an Xbox Series S as your first console. It's 30K and the game pass subscription is LIT unless you are into sony's exclusive games...

Well, pretty much all famous console games are PS exclusives, right? - Uncharted, Last of Us, God of War, Spider-Man, Infamous, etc.
The only exclusive Xbox has is the Halo and Gears series.

I can't think of any solid reason to prefer xbox over playstation.

Although, the series S does look pretty awesome (aesthetically).