Please anyone tells me about 3G information of BSNL? (Especially in Pune)

TOO

Disciple
Excuse me, I’m foreigner, Thai. I am looking forward so long time to submit for BSNL 3G services but as I'm foreigner so I don’t know how to do or what shall I do? I really need to use this service for my Skype on my handset, NOKIA X6 16GB. And I have some questions below; (if you don’t mind could you please reply me?)

- What is the requirable document for submitting this service?
- What is the step do I have to follow, what are 1, 2, 3, … steps for submitting BSNL 3G service?
- As I am going to use with my NOKIA X6 16GB, how much speed would I get on my mobile and how much speed if I connect it to my laptop?
- I went one time last month to BSNL Exchange in Modle Colony, Pune and the officer said to me I have to wait for 2 months (as some reason, I could not understand at all) so is this true for waiting?
- I am staying in Fergusson College Hostel, F.C. Road but I don’t know where the 3G BSNL tower is, am I far away from it? If so, what’s speed would I get?
- Is this speed enough to be used to call through Skype?

I am so sorry for disturbing all you guys and I will be very thanks million to you if you kindly reply me such a time.

P.S. I’m so sorry for my English skill, it’s too weak.

Thanks very much

Documents :

1. take a copy of ur passport with the stamped pages xerox.

2. Take ur local college admission letter or better a letter from ur principal/HOD that you are studying in the college

3. 1 passport size pic

About signal and nearest BSNL centre I guess Pune guys can help

And ya welcome to techenclave....do post in the Introduction Lounge on more about urself :)

Hi,

TOO said:
What is the requirable document for submitting this service?

I'm not very sure but I guess your foreign passport + Indian Visa will do. You'll have to confirm this with BSNL people.

TOO said:
What is the step do I have to follow, what are 1, 2, 3, … steps for submitting BSNL 3G service?

Submit required documents and photo + fill up a registration form + pay money (SIM charges + FRC - first recharge charges) in any nearest BSNL CSC (Customer Service Center). Model Colony one will do.

TOO said:
As I am going to use with my NOKIA X6 16GB, how much speed would I get on my mobile and how much

speed if I connect it to my laptop?

Around 3.6 Mbps (Mega bits per sec.) ideally or to give an idea - around 300-400 KBps (Kilo Bytes per sec.). BSNL 3G in Pune supports only upto 3.6 Mbps as of now. In the near future it'll be upgraded to 14.4 Mbps.

TOO said:
I went one time last month to BSNL Exchange in Modle Colony, Pune and the officer said to me I have to

wait for 2 months (as some reason, I could not understand at all) so is this true for waiting?

He/she told you so as there is a shortage of data cards. My suggestion: Buy a data card (Huawei UMG1831) directly from eBay.in and purchase only a BSNL 3G SIM from nearest BSNL CSC. If you don't wanna purchase a data card then you can just buy a BSNL 3G SIM from nearest CSC. Reahcrge with Rs. 4200 for 6 months unlimited 3G!

TOO said:
I am staying in Fergusson College Hostel, F.C. Road but I don’t know where the 3G BSNL tower is, am I far

away from it? If so, what’s speed would I get?

Around 3.6 Mbps but this depends on lot of factors but I assure you it'll be very fast.

TOO said:
Is this speed enough to be used to call through Skype?

It's more than enough! Audio and video calling works without any issues!

TOO said:
Thanks very much

You're welcome! :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

TOO said:
What is this speed 300-400 KBps (Kilo Bytes per sec.) if it is converted to Kbps (Kilo Bit per sec.)?

It's 2.3 Mbps - 3.1 Mbps. Expect around 2 Mbps.

TOO said:
If I connect it to my laptop and download through IDM, what is approximately speed would I reach?

Same as above. You can expect around 2 Mbps. I've myself tested BSNL 3G in some parts of Pune and I got around 2-3 Mbps in most areas!

Back