PC Peripherals Please Advice on this Config

shivamrockz07 said:
So, you are still considering to buy that psu?

Yes Boss!... SOmehow, every review on PSU says that one should'nt compromise. And, Inspite of the Corsair, the budget looks ok. I can upgrade things like HDD and GPU later. Not the PSU.

But this forum has been one big help for me to figure out my rig!

this is almost the same conf tht i am lookin at...along with a GPU like 4770 (wich is not available)
the only change i might sugg is using the CM elite.

I checked out the CM Elite. Not a bad unit I must say!

I am buying the Zebby Bijli cabinet. Looks sexy I must say with all the front LED fan and side fans.

Hope it does not attract too much of dust around it. These fans are a nightmare to clean!

CM Elite with 390W extreme PSU combo will be available for around rs. 3400/- and is a excellent choice for your configuration. CM elite cabinet quality is better than ZEbronics Bijli and CM Elite has a tool less design.

I have already bought the PSU. Got the Corsair VX 450 directly from the local dealer at Rs.3900. Got the Zebby cabinet at Rs 1100. Total is 5100. A good CM unit is around 3800. Difference of about 1300 for this is okay i guess. especially if future upgrades can be an issue if PSU is not good.:)

@ripper,

VX450 will suffice your need and is future proof too. AFAIK It comes with 5yrs warranty. Now what budget you've got after purchasing these and what do you need ?

Everyone.. Need ur inputs... The Corsair I bought had some issues ( no power supply) and the dealer took it back and refunded the money as the next consignment is only expected next week.

Now, my vendor has CM Extreme Powerplus 460W with him. Is it a good one???... Other one e has is Primesource 400W... Need feedback guys....Plzzz!!!!

*sigh*

sabby said:
My previous rig was of P4 and based on a Navtech SMPS ( came with cabinet ) 450W. Believe me, I ran my computer quite a time from 7 days to maximum 11 days continuously ( for downloading on my 128 kbps connection ) . Nothing ever happened to my system. It is still functioning fully. That SMPS has 8A on 12V rail. Now a days, Zebronics etc. SMPS which come with cabinet even have 20A on 12V rail. And if you buy a 4670, there is absolutely no need to buy VX450.

Let me get this straight. What you are saying is- the system that we are using NOW works under same philosophy of an old system-that too an EOL system?

Its a fact, and an inevitable one: more sophisticated a system goes, more cleaner power is deemed necessary. Please refrain from creating any misconceptions as there are couple of stickies being made for the psu alone.

Coming back to the OP, stick to either corsair cx400/antec EA 430 keeping only the current configuration in mind. If he plans to add a GC in the future, that depends on which GC is planning to go for.

You can grab zebronics bijli which cost 1-1.2k max? Most probably they have a 120mm rear exhaust but the point is there is an access to have a 120mm fan infront as well. Be advised, just like any "good enough" or "ventilated" cases, to a certain extent, the case being a dust magnet is a strong possibility.

The Sorcerer said:
more sophisticated a system goes, more cleaner power is deemed necessary.
I agree, but that doesn't mean necessarily that he has to buy a VX450 to power a E5200 + G31M-S2L with 4670. One of my friend is running 4670 using a Cabinet in-built SMPS(2.5yrs) for the last 9 months. Another one is using 8600GT using the Zebby cabinet with SMPS and his rig is brand new E7400. No problem so far. So do you suggest that Powersafe / VIP 500W silver will not be able to run those smoothly ? Even if he wants to get a 4770 that will be enough or maximum he should get a CX400 . Everything I told him was according to his budget.

The Sorcerer said:
Please refrain from creating any misconceptions as there are couple of stickies being made for the psu alone.

Please do read my posts clearly.

ripper said:
Everyone.. Need ur inputs... The Corsair I bought had some issues ( no power supply) and the dealer took it back and refunded the money as the next consignment is only expected next week.

Now, my vendor has CM Extreme Powerplus 460W with him. Is it a good one???... Other one e has is Primesource 400W... Need feedback guys....Plzzz!!!!

Okay guys... dont fight... I just need to know if CM Extreme Powerplus 460W is a dependable PSU as I have no idea on this brand.

My vendor is recommending it big time and he being a whole saler for CM, is giving me at a good price compared to market rate ( RS. 2000). He also has something called Primesource 400W. Please advise friends...:huh:

ripper said:
Okay guys... dont fight... I just need to know if CM Extreme Powerplus 460W is a dependable PSU as I have no idea on this brand.

My vendor is recommending it big time and he being a whole saler for CM, is giving me at a good price compared to market rate ( RS. 2000). He also has something called Primesource 400W. Please advise friends...:huh:

Yes, it is.

Since your original choice was Corsair vx450... instead of CM Extreme Powerplus 460W go for CM Real power pro 450W... market cost is around 3600/- and your whole seller friend may give it you for less. It is on par with Coraair Vx450.

Back