Pixel 8 launched

I am not having any network issues indoor while using Airtel (4g) had zero network issues in Oz(5g) , and in Vietnam and Thailand while using esim.

How’s the battery ? Hearing good things.
Also, how quick is the editing by AI like Magic Editor etc ? I believe this happens in the cloud, so is it instant or does it lag ?
Saw MrWhoseTheBoss recent vid, and he mentioned some major issues faced during photo editing (most of the new stuff is on cloud rather than on device).

Not jaw dropping, but it's a start!!
Hope it does benefit India.

iPhones are being made in India now, but from what I read in a news report, it seems that it isn't benefiting India price wise, as because of some tax thing, the cost of iPhone is being increased in India itself, despite their being manufactured here. What's the use then. I hope that doesn't happen for Pixel too.

Hope it does benefit India.

iPhones are being made in India now, but from what I read in a news report, it seems that it isn't benefiting India price wise, as because of some tax thing, the cost of iPhone is being increased in India itself, despite their being manufactured here. What's the use then. I hope that doesn't happen for Pixel too.

Cost of base iPhones (base and plus) are same as in other Asian countries (after HDFC discount).
Pros are not made in India, and thus high import + high Apple tax.

What manufacturing ? There is no fab just assembly of imported stuff.

How’s the battery ? Hearing good things.
Also, how quick is the editing by AI like Magic Editor etc ? I believe this happens in the cloud, so is it instant or does it lag ?
Saw MrWhoseTheBoss recent vid, and he mentioned some major issues faced during photo editing (most of the new stuff is on cloud rather than on device).
Can confirm battery is not that great, i am using dual sim so don't know if that's making huge impact. The magic eraser is happening in device i think (I wouldn't know for sure), I just turnd off the internet RN to try it and it still have suggestions for deleting people. It's some kind of sorcery for non technical guy like me, it shows suggestions for people to erase even when u take a group pic with ur friends and most of the time will suggest right people in background to delete

Can confirm battery is not that great, i am using dual sim so don't know if that's making huge impact. The magic eraser is happening in device i think (I wouldn't know for sure), I just turnd off the internet RN to try it and it still have suggestions for deleting people. It's some kind of sorcery for non technical guy like me, it shows suggestions for people to erase even when u take a group pic with ur friends and most of the time will suggest right people in background to delete

Magic eraser is on device. Magic editor I think is via Google's servers.

after experiencing the horribe horrible battery life and heating issues on the 6a i'm not even remotely considering the pxiel untill they go the snapdragon route.
There are rumours that Google might go with TSMC for their 2025 chips. That might be better for battery life and heating issues.

Just an update. The Ai wallpaper function which was quite cool and something that I used a lot has just stopped working and Google support doesn't have a clue what to do

Just an update. The Ai wallpaper function which was quite cool and something that I used a lot has just stopped working and Google support doesn't have a clue what to do

Bro I can’t add accounts to my Google family for almost a year now. The page and app just throw an error saying “something went wrong”. And this is for a family Google one subscription I’m paying good money for.
Complained a lot but Google has no clue. Google support is absolutely dog tier rubbish.

Bro I can’t add accounts to my Google family for almost a year now. The page and app just throw an error saying “something went wrong”. And this is for a family Google one subscription I’m paying good money for.
Complained a lot but Google has no clue. Google support is absolutely dog tier rubbish.
Maybe bit unrelated,

Couple of years back, faced similar issues for one particular account while I was trying to add in to my youtube family account. After lots of iterations with Google support it was found in one account's blocked list had another account.

Yeah I have realised this now, even previously when I had complex queries. They never provided any resolution to it

Maybe bit unrelated,

Couple of years back, faced similar issues for one particular account while I was trying to add in to my youtube family account. After lots of iterations with Google support it was found in one account's blocked list had another account.

This is a new account that I’m trying to add. Created a few weeks ago for the sole purpose of uploading photos to Google Photos and having a personal profile for YouTube Premium for mom.
Tried adding many accounts since and the page that shows up before you type any account name is already giving error. Check image below.

wwlPGZw.jpg

Hope all accounts are from same region as your main account. Also if you have any adblockers like PiHole, nextdns... try without that.

Yup. All Indian accounts. No ad blockers - as I even tried from Google one app. And the issue occurs well before I can even type any account name. The error appears as soon as the invitation page opens up. Tried multiple phones, multiple browsers and multiple laptops. Super frustrating tbh.

Drastic price falls like Samsung in old days is a bad sign for long term reliability of Google phones.
but this is basically common knowledge at this point, google india prices pixels stupid high, no one buys, people who buy get it from outside india, and then BBD sale comes and the price goes down like crazy, and then new pixel phone launches, with another stupid high price. rinse-repeat.

Back