Phone stolen filmi style :(

Sei

Skilled
Here's what happened -

I was standing at a very busy red light, waiting for it to go green. I had switched off the engine and was listening to music on my phone which was kept behind the steering wheel (in front of the speedometer).

The light is about to go green, when suddenly this old chap walks into the traffic. I had barely started my car at that time. He bumped against my car and started shouting. He was standing outside the rear left window and trying to make a scene.

I was absolutely sure I didn't hit him since my car was not even moving. Nonetheless, I turned back in my seat and asked him if he was fine. By this time, the lights had turned green and cars behind me starting blaring their horns. When I turned back to the usual driving position, I noticed that these 2 guys in front of me on a bike were gesturing something.

I drove the car a bit ahead and came close to them. They had been saying that some guy from my window's side had put his had in and taken a phone/wallet. To my shock, my phone had frigging disappeared!

I tried to look back but the cars behind me were making such a ruckus and along with the traffic, I couldn't see anything. The guys on the bike were trying to see them but they said that both of them had disappeared. :(

I thought these kind of things only happened in films. Thankfully, the phone was old (Sony W580i).

Just wanted to warn everyone, don't keep anything of value near a open window when you drive.

yup registered an FIR. Will go to Vodafone store today to get a new sim with the same no.

@Ultimabasher: Dude, I was listening music via my earphones. It was on speaker and even the full volume on that cell was nothing in front of the 100s of cars around me.

Sorry to hear this, and thanks for sharing your experience with us.

If these guys used their brains for something good...

Sad. This is very common in Ghaziabad area. Have heard it happening in Noida too sometimes. Maybe Nishant aka Switch or others in the area can also confirm. Somebody must have heard about this sometime or the other. The worst thing is, nobody gives a damn... administration or the public.

Might be some UP bhaiyyan went to Pune and is extending his "experience" there also. :p No offense to anybody from UP, because I am also from the same state.

Samething happened to me, way back when i had a Samsung R220. The dude snatched my phone from behind my steering wheel and started running . Probably blame gaming for my reactions :p, I quickly killed the engine snatched the ignition key and ran out of my car behind that dude, shouting at the top of my voice. The dude got scared, threw the phone on the ground and ran the hell away lol! :p

Similar to your stuation I had made a hellava traffic snarl behind me but I gave a F cause the people who honked away to glory were not gonna buy me new cell.

@Techno_Funky - Haha, that's awesome! If it were for my gaming skills I'd be throwing nades (read rocks) at em' ;)

@OP - Real sad man, a few days ago my friend was warning me about putting my phone on my lap while I drive and I just brushed it aside, no more, no more!

you should have noted down the number of the bike.

those are the one's who stole your phone.

they simply tried to confuse you with details which would be your 1st doubt anyways.

if they really saw someone steal your phone then atleast the pillion would have got off and tried to catch the culprit.

what sucks is, you work hard, you earn, you spend and then some no good guy comes along and takes it away from you.

Back