Less than 10K Phone for an elderly person for Calls & occasional Whatsapp

Rickyk

Skilled
Guys,
need recommendations for a new phone for an elderly person. I have read several similar threads but am extremely confused so any advice appreciated.

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: Under 10k but can be stretched a bit further if required.

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 4 - 5" screen size. No screen type preference. However the screen should offer good readability as the person for whom the phone is intended is 70+ years and wears glasses.

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: No preference. Note that the person for whom the phone is intended is not tech savvy. Therefore, an OS that is simple and easy to use would be preferred.

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: No preference.

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No "Chindia" brands - period. Should have good after sales service in region Gurgaon.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Very basic use limited mainly to Phone calls & very occasional Whatsapp use. No other use whatsoever.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference. Person for whom it is intended has only one Sim though.

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Open to buying online via Amazon or FK only.

9. Any other requirements?
A: Reliability, decent build quality, efficient battery life.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: No.

I guess that's the symbion OS (Ahh, reminds me of all the nokias that I once owned). I think all (or most) of the earlier phones had this feature where alarms would go off even when switched off. I don't think this happens with the current platforms. (Except BB i guess ???)

Back