Phone for 10k or all

sandy453

Adept
Hi All ,

My phone gave up on me yesterday . :p .So time to buy a new phone.Which one to go .It should be really worth the dough .My main priorities are camera and calling n SMS. .Budget is not a constraint .Looking for VFM.

1.> W810i

2.> 6233 -dont wnat to go for this becos is a S40 phone .

3.> w580i -is it really worth the money . I find not much difference between this

n w810i.

TE phone gurus please help.:(

I find K750i the most value for money phone, and you will have plenty of money left from the budget of yours, if you increase the budget then get a K790i, i am suggesting from cybershot series because they are the best in the camera department which is one of your main priority. The W series is for audio, they just click half decent pics of the K series, so check your priorities again.

My problem with K750i is that I heard that they are phasing it out . :( .How are the quality of pics taken by K750i ?.K790i is a good phone .but in my humble opinion I felt its not worth the money .I heard that their joystick have a problem. .Is it true?

k750i ... best 2 mp camera phone ...

joystick can give u problems .. but if u clean it regularly then its no prob .. mine is running fine after 11 months of heavy use ..

at 8k .. even saying "its a steal" would be a understatement ..:D .. for 8k . u cant ask for more ..

I am using k790i since 6 months and have used k750i for roughly about 18 months. So u can understand my loyalty towards Kseries. As the guy said, i also had joystick trouble but it only came after about 15 months, so if u dont use phones for such long then dont worry about it.

I would suggest the k790i if u dont have any budget constraints. Its simply awesome at clicking pics and the XENON flash makes it stand out of the herd. :cool:

I settled for the W610i .:) :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: .

This phone has got K750i camera and W810i functionality .Amazing phone.The phone is sleek compared to W810i . Will write a review when I finish drooling over my new phone.:p

@memories_dv

you were bang on target

PS:

Oops ...I forgot ,reps to all who helped in my decision.:)

^^Congrats on ur new purchase!! :D u got it fer how much?? theres only a dif of 50buks on indiaplaza between prices of w810i n w610i....even i cant make up my mind between the two :( is this as loud as the w810i?

^ Get the W810..its has a better cam than the W610...basically, K550i and W610 are the same models(hardware wise...just like k750i and w800 were)..only the W610 has a Walkman s/w...rest of the hardware is same and so is the cam...the cam of K550i/w610 is of inferior quality because of lesser focal length of the lens than the K750i/W800/W810..it was due to the slim styling tht a smaller sensor was used in these models..so tht results in inferior pics as compared to the w810 ones...

^^wow...thanx fer all that info..repped ya! :)
so its da w810i afterall....ok sum more questions? what about the softy support? is there any softy thru wich text messages n multimedia can be sent over bluetooth, aka, a bluetooth messenger kinda thingy?

Private Ryan said:
^ Get the W810..its has a better cam than the W610...basically, K550i and W610 are the same models(hardware wise...just like k750i and w800 were)..only the W610 has a Walkman s/w...rest of the hardware is same and so is the cam...the cam of K550i/w610 is of inferior quality because of lesser focal length of the lens than the K750i/W800/W810..it was due to the slim styling tht a smaller sensor was used in these models..so tht results in inferior pics as compared to the w810 ones...

As also the lack of autofocus on the W610i/K550i :)
The p990i has the same camera module as the W810/W800/k750i.

w810i dude....3 ppl in my bldg hav it...in my bldg almost evrybody got a sony ericsson after me....once u use a sony ericsson u wil never use a nokia....w810i is gud coz it has a D-pad.....also lots of useful apps r der...camera quality is gud...sound quality is awesome...video quality is gr8...batt life is super awesome...& it gives no issues @ all

once u use sony .. u wont use nokia again ..:hap5: common ..

i have used k750i .. then k790i .. and now using n73me ... i dont miss sony anymore .. :)

TechHead said:
As also the lack of autofocus on the W610i/K550i :)
The p990i has the same camera module as the W810/W800/k750i.

k550i is from the cybershot league and has 2mp with autofocus but I found its cam on par with the w810i...

I believe W810i derives from the Cybershot engine... Decent pics.. Get the W810i... No worries abt the joystick... :)

a_k_s_h_a_y said:
w810i best 2 mp cam phone

w810i cam beats that of k750i

I diagree

both are equal in picture quality .both are 2MP with auto focus..same led flash and everything is exactly the same on the W810i as on the K750i ....except that the W810i has no cover for the cam but the K750i does have

the new K750i's available mething are a better choice that the W810i since u get all the features and u save a good 2k..the K750i sounds the same as the W810i as the K750i also has the MegaBass and other eq options available .....with the W810i u get two external speakers which i dont see much use

Back