Phone at 7k for my sister

Deb0

Disciple
the only phone im getting in that budget is Samsung galaxy y, suggest me some other mobiles in that price range.

my sis dosent want any phone outside SE, Nokia, Smasung.

the phone will be used for mainly CALLS / SONGS & the other thing she needs is, the phone to be Stylish
<

she will be buying it 2morrow, a quick help will be nice, thx in advance
<

Galaxy Y is nice but not cute and screen is dull. If you are not worried about OS, check Sony Mix Walkman (no software qwerty keypad for typing, you get a normal one on the screen, so might be difficult for typing), Sony Txt Pro (with Hardware Qwerty), Samsung Wave 5253, Samsung Wave Y. Wave 525 is really good phone. Check these and buy which looks better for you. Nokia C5-05 too is a good phone with great screen resolution, but that is resistive touch, so better skip that.

u shoud try Nokia asha 200 for your sister. I have been using it and its too cool. Comes in girly pink colours attractive enough!!!try at Sulekha deals(Coz that where i got mine )for good discounts. I got mine for 3999.

hey, I think the Nokia Asha 200 is a gud buy. Not very costly, good colour combos and neat looking device. Not too heavy on the pocket too. Plus its a very lights phone and has all good features you want in a good smartphone.

#[member='Deb0']

Hi buddy, how's the Note working out for you ?

For your sis you could consider these two Nokias:

1. Asha 300(Red, Black, etc): http://www.flipkart.com/nokia-asha-300-mobile-phone/p/itmd3v9xfpjqjxuh

2. Asha 303: http://www.flipkart.com/nokia-asha-303-mobile-phone/p/itmd3v9x5dud7ykg

Do checkout their reviews at GSM arena.com they have some good information on both of them.
<

Hope this helps.
<

Here are both them side by side on GSM arena: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4278&idPhone2=4279

Both have USB On the Go support while only 303 has WiFi. So let her take a pick.
<

cooleagle

hey buddy, the note is just awesome the only problem being the phone's battery. I hope the ICS 4.0 can bring some relief to dat.

she has gone for galaxy y, as she wants android + samasung & the wats app thing
<

actually now my best friend wants a android under 10k ..u have anything in mind ?

cooleagle

hey buddy, the note is just awesome the only problem being the phone's battery. I hope the ICS 4.0 can bring some relief to dat.

she has gone for galaxy y, as she wants android + samasung & the wats app thing actually now my best friend wants a android under 10k ..u have anything in mind ?

Battery problems ? Did you try any custom ROMs ? It should help in increasing the battery life.
123.gif

For your friend ask him to checkout these some of them over his budget but he'll have better options. But some of them were launched a while back as no new ones have been launched in this segment recently:

-Galaxy Y - arnd 7k

-HTC Explorer - arnd 7.5k (Should be much better than Galaxy Y)

-Sony Live with Walkman - arnd 12k(This one should be a good buy provided he's fine with a small screen)

-Samsung Galaxy Ace - arnd 12k(Ace 2 is available for arnd 16k)

-HTC Wildfire S - arnd 12k

Some not so widely used but available:

-Samsung Galaxy Fit - arnd 10k

-LG Optimus One - arnd 10k

You can also ask your friend to wait for sometime as some new handsets maybe launched but don't keep high expectations of an early launch.
<

Hope this helps.
<

:

Battery problems ? Did you try any custom ROMs ? It should help in increasing the battery life.
123.gif

For your friend ask him to checkout these some of them over his budget but he'll have better options. But some of them were launched a while back as no new ones have been launched in this segment recently:

-Galaxy Y - arnd 7k

-Sony Live with Walkman - arnd 12k(This one should be a good buy provided he's fine with a small screen)

You can also ask your friend to wait for sometime as some new handsets maybe launched but don't keep high expectations of an early launch.
123.gif

Hope this helps.
happy19.gif

:

im waiting for the official release of the ICS 4.0 for Note ...the custom roms avaialbe from xda with ICS is very buggy what i have heard.

Do u know any stable rom with gingerbread running for Note. Im enjoying the stock thing, its really fast & not even a single reboot after installing like 200 apps & lots of stuff, just dat i need to charge 2 times a day wen im using it heavily.

Apparently, its my first android phone switiching from symbian so the android market had still kept me busy until now, but when i will get bore with the stock i will switch to some custom roms & rooting the phone will remove the warranty thing so im just holding up
<

thanks for the suggestions ...i have told him about the htc explorer, suits for the things he needs. What about SE Xperia mini, u didnt mention that ?

123.gif

-Galaxy Y - arnd 7k

123.gif

Hope this helps.
happy19.gif

:
Can you give me the link of htc explorer for such low price?
<

im waiting for the official release of the ICS 4.0 for Note ...the custom roms avaialbe from xda with ICS is very buggy what i have heard.

Do u know any stable rom with gingerbread running for Note. Im enjoying the stock thing, its really fast & not even a single reboot after installing like 200 apps & lots of stuff, just dat i need to charge 2 times a day wen im using it heavily.

Apparently, its my first android phone switiching from symbian so the android market had still kept me busy until now, but when i will get bore with the stock i will switch to some custom roms & rooting the phone will remove the warranty thing so im just holding up

thanks for the suggestions ...i have told him about the htc explorer, suits for the things he needs. What about SE Xperia mini, u didnt mention that ?

No man, I don't have any idea about custom ROMs for Note.

But 200 apps, that's too many !
happy49.gif

Guess that's an side effect of coming from a Symbian platform as I also had a S60 handset before. But I am not even near that number.
tongu23e.gif

Maybe some of those apps have since background processes/services running so that could also be the cause of battery drain, do check it out.

I had read somewhere that Xperia mini has some issues, maybe on this forum itself but not sure, that's why I didn't suggest it to you. But you can always double check & update here if that's not the case.
happy19.gif

Can you give me the link of htc explorer for such low price?

Check this out HTC Explorer @ 7990: http://deals.sulekha...59?affId=133484

You could try eBay maybe with some coupon you could get a better deal.
happy19.gif

Hope this helps.
happy19.gif

Back