Audio Philips SPA 5300 2.1 review (updated with many pics)

sudeep11787

Disciple
Hi ,, heres a review of my philips spa 5300 2.1 speakers .. (My last 1 got moved to the incomplete sections) :S (so here i post it again with more pics)

29062010342.jpg

Tech specs --

Total Rms -- 50 W (Max 100 w)

Satellites -- 2'' (10 Watts each)

Subwoofer -- 5.5'' (30 Watts) (octagonal wooden enclosure)

Control pod with a Power on/off , Volume control .
Pros --

*Awesome looks , open driver design , nice transparent speaker protection grill.
*Decent sound (good bass n clean highs)
*Loud enough for a mid-sized room.
*Volume control is really smooth and sturdy. (has a rubber bottom , kind of sticks to the surface)
*Subwoofer isnt that huge , you wont have any as such problem in placing them .

Cons ---

*No headphone jack !!!!! OMG !!! NO HEADPHONE JACK !!!!:hap5::hap5: :rofl:
*Lower mids arent that excellent (a little equalizer tweaking solves it ) . (i shouldnt blame the speakers for them, coz with my phone they were awesome , i guess they were a little low coz of my onboard sound)
*Subwoofer is loud but not as loud as the other high end systems.
*Open drivers can be a little pain. Forget abt the little screaming kids , Even i've this habit of poking my finger in the subwoofer and feeling that nice vibration.
:eek:hyeah:

Price- 2700/- Nehru place (Jan 2010)
My experience !!

My first ones were Intex 2.1 2000 watt (32W RMS) ,, These are a huge improvement over them .. If u compare the loudness , then they are kind of equally loud ,, but the tightness in the bass , sound quality , treble in these are way better then the intex 1s... Even better then the creative inspires my bud is using !!! I never had an opportunity to hear Logitech z2300 so comparison wont be fair ..
Overall the sound quality is excellent,, nice smooth treble(not at all shrill) , nice TIGHT bass. Mids are decent too, but lower mids arent that loud. Its a personal choice , m more into rock n metal stuff so love those loud and clear drum sounds.

Bass is best at 60 % of the bass knob , they can go pretty loud. Distortion is not all present ,even at 80 % of volume.

If u love those shrill tweeter type treble, then these arent for you , they sound very soft and smooth . And these are awesome for acoustic and rock stuff ..

A month back i had this power surge and they went dead , but philips service centre employees were pretty quick with the repair (Just 2 days). No hassles as such...

Ohk soo if u want a decent good looking , and loud enough for a medium sized room , then these wont disappoint you at all... My cousin owns a Philips MMS 430 (the old ones) , they are just the same. Awesome sound quality ... And thr are no as such static noise issues !! Pretty reliable i must say !!!

And if you ask me ,, then try edifiers too !!! they arent insanely loud ,,, but 've awesome sound quality . :D

******* Initially they may sound too tight !!! but give them a few weeks and you'll be suprised by their break-in performance afterwards.... Mine got louder after playing them at a house party at near-max volume !!! (they were loud but the bass got static at around 70% of the volume) Next day the bass went deeper , more excursion and louder !!!! Pretty lucky i am none of the drunkards kicked off the sub :rofl:
29062010341.jpg

29062010340.jpg

29062010339.jpg

29062010338.jpg

29062010337.jpg

10062010301.jpg

10062010284.jpg

25072010013.jpg

25072010012.jpg

25072010011.jpg

25072010010.jpg

25072010014.jpg

And if you are into metal and heavy stuff ,,,, you're never going to get dissappointd !!!! each and every note sounds distinct and clear .. And the foot drums are just distinct and tight !!!! no lousy continuous bass !!! \../

I dunno yet , how awesome they are going to sound with high end cards !!!:eek:hyeah:

You Got An Awesome Or I Say the Best 2.1 Speaker of Philips India Brand:hap2:. Other Wise Other Philips Speaker Sucks Big time:mad:. I Have also read this Speaker's Review On Youtube and on various Sites/places
You Did Mentioned Edifier Speaker... i think Edifier C2 (Not C3) Costs around 3k at same place. SO Why didn't You bought edifier C2.
Or if you have to choose B/w SPA45300 and C2 Which Should be Selected... keeping in Mind Budget is Fixed around 3K.
As I am About to Buy 2.1 Speaker Within 2 days.. So Most Probably EDIFIER C2 or Philips SPA5300. I have to make the Best Choice only B/w These Two no other.
I don not Want to regret afterwards Relatively.
So whats the Opinion. :huh:

Pranav55 said:
You Got An Awesome Or I Say the Best 2.1 Speaker of Philips India Brand:hap2:. Other Wise Other Philips Speaker Sucks Big time:mad:. I Have also read this Speaker's Review On Youtube and on various Sites/places
You Did Mentioned Edifier Speaker... i think Edifier C2 (Not C3) Costs around 3k at same place. SO Why didn't You bought edifier C2.
Or if you have to choose B/w SPA45300 and C2 Which Should be Selected... keeping in Mind Budget is Fixed around 3K.
As I am About to Buy 2.1 Speaker Within 2 days.. So Most Probably EDIFIER C2 or Philips SPA5300. I have to make the Best Choice only B/w These Two no other.
I don not Want to regret afterwards Relatively.
So whats the Opinion. :huh:
i tried edifier a100 !!!!! d cheap ones ,,, only 15watts...... shop keeper ne zabardasti suna diya !!!!! ok theey werent loud at al ,,, no thump ,,, but quality wise they sounded awesome ,,, as if u r listenin to a flac or a high bitrate aac track !!!!! n i wasnt aware of the edifiers then...... else wld 've tried c3 for sure........ but i dont regret these !!!!! these are pretty awesome !!!!!!

Hey i had Contacted Through Phone fallowing Places--::
1) SUNRISE TECH. Nehru Place
Mr. Sanjeev He Doesn't have Any Philips Speaker.
And says Cost Of C2- 4000/- & C3- 7300/-(C3 out of stock But will be Bring):S
2) DASS Studio Connaught Place
He did't told the Price of C2 and He doesn't have C3:(

3) Contacted On Phone To The Alfa Stores Vile Parle(west). They do not have C2 or C3:no:
4) SONY MONA S.V. Rd, Vile Parle East Mumbai
He said "I cannot Tell the Price Of C2 or C3 On Phone:hap5:. But Are Available, come and take"
But On it's sonomona.co.in site Cost of C2 is 4150, But I think it's days being updated as C3 was no where there, but he had on Phone.

5) TELL ME THE FIFTH PLACE:huh:
I have only 1-2 days To make the Best Deal Tell me the exact Contacts..:mad:

Pranav55 said:
Hey i had Contacted Through Phone fallowing Places--::
1) SUNRISE TECH. Nehru Place
Mr. Sanjeev He Doesn't have Any Philips Speaker.
And says Cost Of C2- 4000/- & C3- 7300/-(C3 out of stock But will be Bring):S
2) DASS Studio Connaught Place
He did't told the Price of C2 and He doesn't have C3:(

3) Contacted On Phone To The Alfa Stores Vile Parle(west). They do not have C2 or C3:no:
4) SONY MONA S.V. Rd, Vile Parle East Mumbai
He said "I cannot Tell the Price Of C2 or C3 On Phone:hap5:. But Are Available, come and take"
But On it's sonomona.co.in site Cost of C2 is 4150, But I think it's days being updated as C3 was no where there, but he had on Phone.

5) TELL ME THE FIFTH PLACE:huh:
I have only 1-2 days To make the Best Deal Tell me the exact Contacts..:mad:

computer empire !!!!!! the overcrowded 1 !!!! :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: google em:D

Back