Video Philips 37inch LCD TV for 67K.

jaber

Disciple
Hi,

Me and my dad had gone to croma today to check out the LCD's there.
Were almost decided on buying the Sony KVL 40V200A..

Later we went to Vijay sales to check out the Sharp Aquos 37BX6M but instead they had a Philips 37PF7321 on display for 67k which caught my dad's eye.

Its specs(2400:1, 500cd/m2) seem decent except for the 8ms response time compared to the sharp's (1200:1, 450cd/m2, 6ms). Philips 37PF7321-12 (37PF7321) LCD TV - Philips HDTV TVs, HDTV Monitors

So i wanted to know is this LCD worth going in for?

The sales guy there said that they bought these pieces in bulk thats y the less price otherwise it retails at 84k same as the sharp 37inch..

Which Lcd shud i go for??

jaber said:
Hi,

Me and my dad had gone to croma today to check out the LCD's there.
Were almost decided on buying the Sony KVL 40V200A..

Later we went to Vijay sales to check out the Sharp Aquos 37BX6M but instead they had a Philips 37PF7321 on display for 67k which caught my dad's eye.

Its specs(2400:1, 500cd/m2) seem decent except for the 8ms response time compared to the sharp's (1200:1, 450cd/m2, 6ms). Philips 37PF7321-12 (37PF7321) LCD TV - Philips HDTV TVs, HDTV Monitors

So i wanted to know is this LCD worth going in for?

The sales guy there said that they bought these pieces in bulk thats y the less price otherwise it retails at 84k same as the sharp 37inch..

Which Lcd shud i go for??

I need to know your budget. I will help you out once i know it.

jaber said:
Around 1 lakh .

If you are going to invest around a lakh then you can either go for a HD ready LCD TV(720p and 1080i) or, if you can some how reach for a slightly fatter wallet then it would be worth spending 1.30lakhs on a Sharp Aquos LC-42G7M (42 inch Full HD 1080p) with 1 year warranty.
According to your budget i have given you the best option but to be honest, you wont really notice any difference between a 1080p and a 720p LCD if you go for displays in the 40inches range.
But since you are willing to pay a lakh then trust me just grab the sharp which will cost you just 30k more, its a kick ass LCD with awesome conectivity and other features that you wont find in any other LCD for this price :D

^ Even the Philips is HD ready and there's nothing so huge over the Philips that the Sharp can offer for 30k.

He might as well add a better sound system ;)

also note sony will launch the sony KLV-37U300A this model will be launched in hong kong it will be soon making its way to india i think it uses a AMVA panel made by AU optonics.

Guys google it, even Sony LCD's are made by Samsung and no one is able to match their picture quality.As of now Samsung is the best if you want LCD.
HD ready and full HD makes a lot of difference, buy full HD.

sony bravia engine and the backlight they choose makes the difference thats why even though the sony bravia are priced more than any other tvs they are still the world no 1 and the largest selling .

^ i have found the sony picture quality exceptionally good. samsung n sony side by side still you will see the difference if your seeing a org dvd i could.

Back