im going to buy the following config

AMD Phenom ii X6 1090T
Asus m4a88t M board
Corsair 4gb XMS3 ddr3 1600MHz
CM Elite 310
WD Caviar Black 500GB
Sapphire 5670 512MB ddr5
Corsair H-50 Water Cooling
Now i need to decide on power supply..my budget for the same is 3000..
options are:-
Cooler master Extreme power plus 460/500
FSP SAga II 500
CORSAIR Builder Series Cx 400/430

or if you guys think these wont be able to handle then i may stretch a lil to get corsair vx450.
also i wouldlike to know has anyone ever worked with multiple monitors and ati eyefinity. the complete procedure to set it up.
plz help me out with this rig ppl..

Invest more and settle for Corsair VX450 or even a VX550 to be on the safer side so that you don't need to upgrade the PSU when you upgrade to a more powerful GPU.. :)

And yes, as stormblast said, get 1055T & overclock it..

1) As everyone else said, save some money by getting the 1055T and overclocking that. I can confirm that this processor overclocks really well. I got a 1Ghz OC without touching the voltages :D.
2) Instead of the H50, get the Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus. Its atleast 2k cheaper and temperatures should be comparable to the H50, if not better.
3) Do you need the config urgently? Otherwise I highly suggest you dump the Asus m4a88t and wait as many AM3+ motherboards are around the corner. Getting an AM3+ motherboard would make your system even more future-proof.
4) Those PSUs are good enough considering you are a HD5650, but even then I suggest you get the VX450 to be extra safe and future proof.

Multiple monitors work in 2 modes - Duplicate or Spilt. Duplicate is both monitors showing a single screen while Split is 2 monitors sharing screen space. In Split mode, you can make use of an extra large desktop which means a larger workspace for video editing, 3d work, and multitasking. Games don't work in Split mode, the 1st screen will display the game while the 2nd display will turn itself off.

I wouldn't look at Eyefinity due to your HD5650 which would be grossly underpowered for Eyefinity.

^^ go with what he said, but since you are planning to OC:

1. Corsair VX450W

BTW, if you intend to game on HD5670, especially with eyeinfinity resolutions, forget it. But if you are buying it for multi-monitor support, I suggest grab the newer HD6670 card.

2. CM 212, no need to spend extra 3k on water cooling, especially if you don't plan on extreme oc(even then, it wont give u much more headroom with a H50)

also change cabinet to some better one. cabinet is too small for such a good config.
and h50 does make humming sound so avoid it.
i suggest avoid asus.

Back