Petition To Stop Indian Railways Wasting Tax Payers Money on Windows.

praka123 said:
Shelly the republican -worlds stupidest anti-FOSS/Linux FUD blog :rofl: .many of the desperate moves from monger remind me of the same.

Dude linux has 1% of the market, Windows more than 90%...WHY Would i be desperate?? Hell i dont even own microsoft..Im indefferent..
Anyone here will tell who's actually desperate...
Really..I dont know what to say to this guy..ARE YOU REALLY 29???

I mean is the "2" in 29 for REAL???

:lol:

main_trouble said:
ok , so that was an attempted joke.

dude the sentence "this is very much true Linux is not stable as compared to windows" can ruin any body's reputation .

dude ever tried firefox?

top servers/supercomputers/mission critical systems(nasa) all run linux.

linux servers offer huge uptimes.

and yes u pointed out grafix/multimedia and drivers.

only vista supports dx10.and that is really crucial for railways.we need to have a 3-d railway ticket rendered to perfection by a dx10 capable gpu:eek:hyeah:

so i vote for windows vista ultimate for indian railways for following reasons.

best grafix

best sound

high end drivers for high end cards

dx 10 gaming

:hap2::hap2: :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah: :clap::clap:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

finally some sense prevails in this thread.

@coolboy, you obviously have no idea what you are up against. do read the thread title before deciding to go kamikaze

In the End.. Apart from glitches and all . Microsoft Windows is better OS.. Not due to its base version but due to the applications available..

I know Linux is bettter in terms of base version but it takes much more than that :) Linux is emerging as all big multi national companies are eyening at Linux development. and if the software bas becomes more or less similar to that of Windows . It will be at the top

But the current scenario is pretty much tilted towards Windows :)

@coolboy4you : Please elaborate that joke :p

heh , strange to hear that from you D_S, i guess you're more mature than i thought.

PS: dont forget driver support. most companies just dont like open sourcing their drivers , and we end up with nothing , or at best , binary drivers, and i know where that's lead me.

the recent moves by AMD and Via should help things in that regard.

And games developers will continue to target the windows platform, and the only linux ports which we'll get will be the ones with openGL support.

sTALKEr said:
@coolboy, you obviously have no idea what you are up against. do read the thread title before deciding to go kamikaze

There is no doubt Linux servers are more stable then windows.Further i am not against Open Source,But i hate the people taking Linux as personal property.They should admit Linux need much more improvement to over come widely used Windows for daily use.Really My past experience near about 2 years with Linux is horrible.I am trying every new release of Linux in Hope to get Stable System,but sorry to say there are many unfavorable factors.Thats why i said they need improvements.

Sorry to all my comments does not belongs to thread title.Its not part of discussion going on.Just taking commonly used OS in mind not servers.

greenhorn said:
cool_boy4ua, what he meant that , in an ideal case( like servers) , linux's stability is far superior to Windows especially on uptime. Windows servers have to be rebooted on at least patch tuesday.

In the home /desktop environment. linux might be a bit vulnerable to bad drivers and us noobs , but a properly run linux system is more stable than a properly run windows system

Hosting Providers sites ordered by failures

yes dude you are right am taking Linux In the home /desktop environment only.

same thing happening again...

why are you guys comparing Linux to Windows at the level of home user.....

look i love linux....but i also know it very well that Linux really lags behind windows be it XP or Vista if we talk in terms of Home user......

and reason for this is not any flaw in Linux itself....its simply market dynamics....Windows has lakhs of software companies....no company in the world can survive without supporting Windows on their hardware....while the same is opposite with Linux.....its simply the market forces.....no company wants to invest in Linux right now for targeting home users....because they don't expect any immediate revenues.....

stop bashing each other with lame comments....

lets compare the two OS at the level of corporate needs.....

what are the pro's and cons of each when you talk about govt. sector or public use....

no doubt Linux shines due to its very framework of open source nature....its far stable......far secure.....can't even compare on cost parameter with windows....it simply blows it.....and yes just because its free doesn't mean its poor....

common guys lets have some mature talk.....

quote :"only vista supports dx10.and that is really crucial for railways.we need to have a 3-d railway ticket rendered to perfection by a dx10 capable gpu"

lamest reason ever.....who said this....

sTALKEr said:
omfg..

you dont even bother to read the post do you?

read teh damn post bfore running ur gob off mate

who can stop Railway for spending money on MS or force to use open source:huh: Every thing going on with setup:rofl: you know our ministers..lalu type..all of us are just wasting time.Enjoy the upcoming upgrade of railway.

cyberjunkie said:
You're doing it again. You're telling everyone they use a sucky OS and you imply they're stupid because of that. Other Linux users who've posted in this thread haven't even brought that up. They've put forward many valid sensible points on the topic being discussed.

"kiddo's, M$ , Window$, Gate$, vista as a flop, dont want to accept, dont panic, merawindow$, window$ gamer, bite it, wine, fanboys getting panicked" - Don't you think at 29, its time to grow up? You're turning every thread into a flame war.

From your sig, I have a hunch that you've been banned on other forums. Why am I not surprised :rofl:

First of all ,when no proper reply to the points in my last post -you are trying personal comments.dont you?:no: .I was banned in some other forum because the MODs their are particular about windows support .no need to bring the thing here.

But one thing I now knows - most of the members are thinking Linux and FOSS as something "experimental":rofl: grow up! I DID .

cyneuron said:
quote :"only vista supports dx10.and that is really crucial for railways.we need to have a 3-d railway ticket rendered to perfection by a dx10 capable gpu"

lamest reason ever.....who said this....
bro read the full post first

Party Monger said:
Dude linux has 1% of the market, Windows more than 90%...WHY Would i be desperate?? Hell i dont even own microsoft..Im indefferent..
Anyone here will tell who's actually desperate...
Really..I dont know what to say to this guy..ARE YOU REALLY 29???

I mean is the "2" in 29 for REAL???

:lol:

then why are you trying to post links from linux haters blog and other sources to prove as if Linux is non-existant? eh? .you should have better ignore the thread ?.because of you only ,I got a chance to explain GNU/Linux and the FOSS ideology here in the forum ,I am Happy:hap2::hap2:

---

windows -for gamers .no doubt in that.Personally ,what I want to say is that ,people should atleast dual boot and be accustomed to Linux/BSDs.

and no way can you expect Linux or BSD to be "another" windows as most windows power users expects.

do read this:

Linux is NOT Windows

for serious work - GNU/Linux or BSDs. Period.:cool2:

@cyberjunkie ,@monger :Refrain from personal comments.

praka123 said:
for serious work - GNU/Linux or BSDs. Period

Care to explain what you mean by "serious work" ?

Are you suggesting that the millions of windows users around the world are not getting any serious work done on their PC's and just playing solitaire ?

^ofcourse ,they can do.but stability is what windows lacks.

serious work ,as in some project which you are working on. say ,a BSOD or a quick hang with the weak NT kernel of windows?

praka123 said:

serious work ,as in some project which you are working on. say ,a BSOD or a quick hang with the weak NT kernel of windows?

eh? :SI use a winXP pro system at work. hasn't crashed , let alone BSOD'd in 2 years. neither have the ones around me. And yes, I shut it down only once a week.

Advocating linux is one thing , windows bashing is quite another. Windows may be an OS with defects and issues, but it is not incompetent.

praka123 said:

Oh my god, what a retard..:rofl:

Oh yeah windows like keeps coming up with these BSOD's every 5min right??
Just like u keep coming up with stupid replies..??
NOw compare your attitude with what you think abt windows, u'l find them the same, buggy, childish,stupid and irritating..Maybe other members can add few more..

Just shut the **** up..please,
Did bill gates **** u in the ass that you are soo against windows??

U bloody Noobuntu fanass penguin..:ashamed:

Back