Permionics Pureflo Water Purifier - Do you recommend it

Gaurav_Seth

Disciple
Jan 29, 2009
@raja_mastana @medpal

I am looking to get a water purifier. I have municipal water supply with a 53 ppm TDS, which rules out the requirement of a RO system.

Reading some reviews at team-bhp, I understand that the UF membrane weakens after some time and it is better to have UV + UF combination.

What are your thoughts?

Also with Permionics, Pureflo, the service seems like a hit and miss. I am from Mumbai and Permionics has refered me to a distributor that is based out of Pune. The distributor says that the technician would come from Pune to Mumbai to do both - installation and service.

@raja_mastana you installed it on your own? Level of difficulty?
Also, I saw your video, please elaborate on the parts that need to be changed as a part of the maintenance cycle.

@Spectre You have been using it for the last 4 years. Hows it going? How are you servicing it?

I see that Kent has a model - Kent SMART, that uses UF with hollow fibre 0.01 micron hollow membrane. But it doesnt seem to have a flushing mechanism in place like Pureflo.

Your thoughts?

@prateek299

Last edited:

raja_mastana

Adept
Apr 9, 2006
I did not install it. The Pune office directly me to a seller in Mumbai (Lower Parel i guess), and they did it. They came for a site survey, checked the TDS, suggested a installation location etc. .
I am very happy with the product. If you check my review on the previous page, I have also done a water test - using the tap water and purifier. The purifier passed the test.

Gaurav_Seth

Disciple
Jan 29, 2009
I did not install it. The Pune office directly me to a seller in Mumbai (Lower Parel i guess), and they did it. They came for a site survey, checked the TDS, suggested a installation location etc. .
I am very happy with the product. If you check my review on the previous page, I have also done a water test - using the tap water and purifier. The purifier passed the test.
Hey thanks for the prompt reply! Will call you for more queries.

raja_mastana

Adept
Apr 9, 2006
I wanted to get my Pureflo UF serviced as it had completed one year. The guy from whom we got it installed quoted 1000/- (375 + 375 parts + 300 service)
I also got a quote from Shree marketing (who are the official dealer for Mumbai) - who estimated 230 + 230 for parts and 400 for service. I decided to go with the later as it was cheaper.
The technician came on the promised date. The service was done carefully. A lot was time and effort was put to clean the filter. The whole body was cleaned with soap and water. He also corrected some installation issues.
Shree marketing definitely gets a thumbs up from me - knowledgeable and honest
Contact 98231 19993 (Mr Ashok)

Sanjeev Gaur

Recruit
Aug 21, 2016
The after sales service of Shree Marketing Co, Pune is very poor & horrible.
I had asked them for servicing of my WORKING Hi-flo purifier unit due to monsoons. Their visit was a nightmare & the problem still persists.
After their visit the unit started leaking & after repeated follow up their person came twice but still could not stop the leakage.
In fact with every visit they created new leakages. Now they coolly blamed me for the problem saying these leakages were not created by them.
Instead of solving the problem the are giving escapist reasons. Now this machine is lying useless & I am planning to buy some other make with reliable service. I strongly recommend NOT to buy this make & don't fall into the trap of technical talks of Shree Marketing. I have already made a mistake of buying 3 purifiers from them & suffering! A big thumbs down from me! BIG MISTAKE buying these purifiers!