Peeps using PayTM, where are you planning on migrating to?

but RBI is one of the best and well managed Central Banks across the world

It could be argued that RBI's reputation has been permanently affected by demonetization and the subsequent withdrawal of the Rs 2000 note. These are not actions of a secure or trusted institution. What other world power, regardless of corruption, has done this at any point in its history?

There are many things which he might not be aware about the lapses

His comments read as if he's privy to information that the general public is not — and that his organization is probably next in line.

The current government of India exerted control over the traditional banking system through RBI with demonetization, this level of control is just not possible with fintechs.

For better or worse, the dream of a cashless society that they sold to the masses has turned into a self-sustaining behemoth that cannot be controlled without drastic measures like what's happening with PayTM.

It looks like one of those situations where you just have to wait for the older mindsets to retire and be replaced with more forward-thinking individuals.

but RBI is one of the best and well managed Central Banks across the world.
Raghuram Rajan, ex-governor of RBI predicted so many worst about Indian Economy & Steps/Decision took by RBI (after his departure/Resign from RBI) but NONE of any proved true. Cudos to RBI

"In the RBI, individuals responsible for making decisions and handling calls are typically around 60 years old. They have experience managing a system of banks. However, there seems to be a lack of trust in a 40-year-old individual, especially if they are considered a Maverick, to run a core system," he said.
Holy f.... Is this guy Sam Bankman Fried's cousin?

I am glad the RBI is manned by 60 year olds, and not some 30 year old hipsters impressed by every shiny thing. Financial systems have always been regulated and rightly so. If you don't wish to comply, make a dating app.

Bernie Madoff and Sam Bankman were mavericks too. Till the bubble burst.

"In the RBI, individuals responsible for making decisions and handling calls are typically around 60 years old. They have experience managing a system of banks. However, there seems to be a lack of trust in a 40-year-old individual, especially if they are considered a Maverick, to run a core system," he said.
I don't understand why do folks listen to this idiot even now. He serves only one good purpose - memes.
1000010560.jpg

Let's stick to the topic unless you want the Mods to close this. The RBI action was correct.

Last edited:
@ibose
> Let's stick to the topic unless you want the Mods to close this. The RBI action was correct.
Unfortunately here, he is part of the topic.
As mentioned earlier, I stick to my own opinion on this:
"With this kind of attitude and the kind of errors they did (heard that, people were using one PAN card linked to multiple accounts to subscribe to IPOs, manipulating, etc.), they will be on tenterhooks with RBI /govt. leadership. Also, tooting startup horn too much, international credibility, etc., govt. should keep these kind of hardball players tough on their own game than yielding to threaten-begging for benefit of people.
Better to have multiple options similar to paytm, only if BHIM could become more better in dealing with."

Unfortunately here, he is part of the topic
Naah, you want to make him a part of this topic which then makes it all off topic.
I will defer to the Mods to pull out the irrelevant posts and post them in a separate thread where everyone can continue that debate.
Let this thread continue on the topic please.

> Grover highlighted Paytm's role as the cornerstone for numerous fintech companies, including BharatPe. He said that the latter owes its existence to the presence of Paytm.
Hope RBI scrutinize all of them and clean that ecosystem once for all.

Last edited:
Remember NPCI had mandated that an app cannot have any more than 30% market share by volume of transactions?

Banning PayTM will make it even more lopsided. Maybe this is an opportunity. We should start a TechEnclave Pay app.

Remember NPCI had mandated that an app cannot have any more than 30% market share by volume of transactions?

Banning PayTM will make it even more lopsided. Maybe this is an opportunity. We should start a TechEnclave Pay app.
Is this cap UPI specific ? If so, then RBI has not stopped the PayTM UPI, at long as it does not involve their payments Bank.
Do all the wallet to wallet transactions also use the same UPI interface ?

Raghuram Rajan, ex-governor of RBI predicted so many worst about Indian Economy & Steps/Decision took by RBI (after his departure/Resign from RBI) but NONE of any proved true. Cudos to RBI
He is no longer a SME and his aspiration to be FM (someday !) has taken over his rational mind his statements are not more than of some politicians.

I am not taking him seriously. He can have his own perpective, but RBI is one of the best and well managed Central Banks across the world.
There are many things which he might not be aware about the lapses and I dont think that RBI would have done this, without knowing the far reaching implications !!!

There are voices against the whole UPI marked is skewed in favour of foreign players and there are concerns for the same.

I don't use it much. But will stick to Paytm. Not interested in using PhonePay or GPay. I will use the Bank of Baroda UPI app if Paytm UPI and stuff stop working for some reason or Amazon Pay.

I used to use paytm wallet but stopped after they screwed up my KYC. Besides, they were slowly turning into an ad agency. Deleted the app and never missed it.

Question for UPI users. Why would you use paytm? UPI has been payed for by the govt. You shouldn't let a company use UPI service to push ads (and their other services).

Been using google pay. I do see a few ads but nothing like paytm.

You shouldn't let a company use UPI service to push ads (and other garbage).
What ads are you referring to ? I don't see any while making UPI payments. Though that could be because I have disabled all the notifications among other permissions.
I agree that the number of permissions that the app asks for is not forgivable.

Just did a search on 'paytm ads'.

They advertise rates for 'Banner Ads', 'Video Ads' and 'RoadBlock Ads'

RBI has my permission to sink them :)
What ads are you referring to ?
Haven't used it in a long time. Maybe things have changed. I remember seeing multiple rows of animated ads in full color.

Back