Budget 21-30k PC upgrade

Hello people. I have been off of pc gaming for a while, but want to upgrade my old PC so that i can play games like Witcher 3, MGS, Project Cars, GTA 5 and all the other major titles at high settings.

I installed Witcher 3, Dirt Rally, Mortal Kombat X and a couple of others. They seem to be running ok on medium settings but im looking for high quality hence the upgrade query.
Farcry 4 wont even load on my config...:)

My current heavily outdated config is as follows,

Proc - Core 2 Duo E6600
Mobo - MSI P965 NeoF
RAM - 4GB Corsair 800 DDR2
Video Card - MSI 750Ti GTX Twin Frozr 2GB
HDDs - 2TB+1TB+1TB
Optical Drive - Sony DVD writer
PSU - Corsair VX450
Sound Card - Creative Xtreme Music (Not getting detected anymore :-( )
Speakers - Altec Lansing MX 5021
Monitor - Samsung 940BW 19inch 1440X900 max res
Mouse - Logitech MX518
Keyboard - Logitech standard KB
Mousepad - QCK+ MYM edition ( Needs to be replaced)
Cabinet - Zebronics Antibiotic
Headphones - Audio Technica M50x and Sennheiser HD598 SE and Sennheiser HD485 ( Will be selling it shortly)
Consoles - PS3 and X360.

I know i will need a new Proccy, Mobo, RAM. So planning to get these 3 for now. Will get a bigger monitor and a better video card/sound card and a PSU a few months later as i would like to game at a higher res.

I see that in almost all the recommendations, its only Intel based combos. So is AMD not suitable for gaming anymore considering they are much cheaper than Intel?

Also, considered getting a PS4 but feel upgrading the PC would be a better thing to do for me now. Will get the PS4 later this year.

Getting an AMD or Intel system depends on your budget. For entry-level gaming AMD does the job just fine and for higher 1080p gaming Intel is the one to go for.
You should get a fast quadcore. The components given above will do. However if you have a tight budget you can also get a fast Intel dual core/4 threads. Nowadays the Skylake i3 6100 is recommended for entry-level gaming.
Rough numbers, it will give around 30-40fps at 1080p while the AMD FX6300 will be even lesser in many games.

Back