Pc upgrade for 25k

yuvi161292

Disciple
1.Q: What is your budget?
25k +/-2k
2.Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
Amd 550be , gigabyte gama785gmus2h , 4gb ddr2 ram , ati 5750 , vx450 , Dell23' full hd monitor

3.Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Monitor , and other stuff like cabinet mouse keyboard hdds

4.Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
1. CPU – AMD preferred
2. Motherboard
3. GPU
4. RAM
5. Smps

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
No upgrades planned

6.Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Delhi - nehru place
Not open to online purchase .

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Heavy gaming - like crysis 2 nd other latest and upcoming ones

9.Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
I like amd

10.Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Crysis 2 , GTA 4 , mass effect3 etc

11.Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1080p

12.Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

13.Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 32/64 bit

^^ If you want to play games on the line of Mass Effect 3, better is you wait for AMD HD 7*** series, your current set-up should suffice to play most titles @full HD + med eye-candy - Anti-Aliasing.

Try to unlock your Phenom IIx2 550 into a quad or if you've, already unlocked it I don't really see a need for anything more than a decent SMPS + cabinet + HD 7*** series (once they release) card.

1. Stick to your current config, no point upgrading now from X2 550BE to a AMD quad

2. Your current SMPS is great!

3. Just grab a AMD HD 6850 for gaming comfortably at FHD.

Unlocking X2550 , would mean dealing with the additional heat and power consumption, I think it has a TDP of 160w ? or 120 not sure.

i tried unlocking but it didnt work , i decided to give this pc to my dad's office for office work and get the new stuff as anyways ill have to get a better graphic card

bottle said:
Unlocking X2550 , would mean dealing with the additional heat and power consumption, I think it has a TDP of 160w ? or 120 not sure.
It jumps too 125W sire, Deneb (Phenom IIx4) OR Heka (Phenom IIx3).

Back