PC Peripherals PC starts... but absolutely no display.

Have had the same problem twice. First with a Asus P5E SLI based system after through checks of Motherboard PSU ram Graphics and Monitor found out that the culprit was a screw which when tightened to the cabinet caused sone shortcircuiting. The system booted fine outside the case!

The second PC was a Intel Original 925XBC engineering sample I had procured since 2004 2005 in that case the scrutiny revealed that the board had died. Replaced it with a ASRock G41 based motherboard for 2700 in 2010 Previous processor was a LGA775 P4 3Ghz lated changed that to C2D 2.9 Ghz!

^^ Well, the motherboard was the culprit in my friends case and we left it at that as friend moved to a laptop. Needed to revive this system now with a suitable motherboard for use by his parents and younger bro. He went hunting for one, i suggested him a G31/G41. G31 was unavailable and the two places where he went both advised against using this CPU with a G41 mobo, even on DDR2 RAM. He was instead offered the outdated 945 board, i think its ridiculous to buy those.

Replace the CMOS battery with a new one and try once. It will hardly cost you Rs.20. Since you are going to replace the battery, you need to setup BIOS again.

The Dark Knight said:
Replace the CMOS battery with a new one and try once. It will hardly cost you Rs.20. Since you are going to replace the battery, you need to setup BIOS again.
This is no longer an issue, what i wanted to know is if this CPU (Pentium D2.8 GHz) will work on the G41 motherboard.

@Op

Are u sure that the motherboard is the culprit? If yes, then you already know the solution.

I face this issue every now and then, always cleaning and reseating the gfx card/ram/ram slot change solves the issue. Its definitely some issue with the motherboard but my motherboard is not dead. So I ask you to be sure before making any decision.

:)

Back