CPU/Mobo PC Reboots Automatically On First Boot After Rest

In my last job, one of our users in US was facing similar issues with his laptop.
Whenever he used to sit on his office chair and touch his laptop it used to reboot or hang. None of us were able to conclude on concrete possibility. Even the Dell people replaced the mobo, keypad, battery, display, charger but even they were red faced.

We asked him to temporarily try using a wooden chair and surprisingly that worked.

Then we requested him to use his normal office chair but before touching laptop, touch the wooden table to discharge static from his body. Even this worked many times though failed at times.

Obviously he was pretty annoyed as nobody else was facing such issues.

We were sure his body was conducting too much static. He underwent some Medical test and it was proved that his body did conducted a lot of static charge.
And such incidences are common during winter.

should've asked him to touch metal furniture instead. :p
Sure but no metal furniture in office, all wooden.[DOUBLEPOST=1440415850][/DOUBLEPOST]This static charge/shock is very much common in winters. I myselves get irritated.
Just use your pc using a fiber chair (doesnt matter even if your pc is on wooden table or fiber ones). Get up after a couple of hours and touch some person in your house...you both will get the mild electric shock. To avoid this I had to discharge the charge by touching to walls for a second.;)
And this also occurs due to certain clothing material as well.

Last edited:
Back