PC not booting up, some debug LEDs lighting up on mobo

Santa Maria!

Disciple
Oct 27, 2011
When I was out today for some other work, I took my RAM with me. A shop tested it out for me - they said both sticks were okay.

I guess it's the mobo and I have to take it to Kaizen Infoservice for RMA. I suppose I should take just the mobo - with CPU and all removed?

Synth-Pop

Adept
Jan 12, 2018
When I was out today for some other work, I took my RAM with me. A shop tested it out for me - they said both sticks were okay.

I guess it's the mobo and I have to take it to Kaizen Infoservice for RMA. I suppose I should take just the mobo - with CPU and all removed?
yes only mobo and invoice copy.

Reactions: Santa Maria!

Santa Maria!

Disciple
Oct 27, 2011
Well, mobo submitted for RMA today. Staff at kaizen seemed polite. Then I met another guy who was there with is MSI board, who said he's been coming again and again for 5 months after they keep 'repairing' his board :/

captivating

Disciple
Jun 27, 2011
Well, mobo submitted for RMA today. Staff at kaizen seemed polite. Then I met another guy who was there with is MSI board, who said he's been coming again and again for 5 months after they keep 'repairing' his board :/
I had the same issue .. you have fastened the cpu fan super tight .. lose the screws and everything will work fine

Santa Maria!

Disciple
Oct 27, 2011
I got a replacement mobo from kaizen today.

I want to test it out but forgot about CPU thermal paste. Is it ok to run for a bit without it - or with the residue that I'm yet to clean?
Ordering some now but 2 days delivery.

Synth-Pop

Adept
Jan 12, 2018
It's absolutely OK, you can boot with the residue. Just make sure fan is spinning if using aircooler.
congrats on a replacement board, it was fairly quick.

Reactions: Santa Maria!