PC For Maya

Khaled

Recruit
HI every one .. i will like to some one can guide me for a good motherboard for Autodesk Maya

i was planing for asus rampage 4 extreme or asus maximus 4 extreme

and intel intel i7 2600

coz i want to Maya to be smoothe with no problem in rendering plz help

with 2 gb ram

thanks

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I recently built a pc for animation and rendering work........... you have requested a motherboard that would assist in rendering. I would suggest get more ram ( I have added 16GB) and if you can get a NVIDIA QUADRO graphic card that would really help in rendering.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]As for a motherboard I would suggest go for [/font]ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3.

i was planing for asus rampage 4 extreme or asus maximus 4 extreme

and intel intel i7 2600

coz i want to Maya to be smoothe with no problem in rendering plz help

with 2 gb ram

This is not enough for MAYA, you will need atleast ~4GB for hight poly work and more than this if you start dabbling in particles. Please fill up the template I have given in the link below.

Use this template when asking for advise, Sire --> http://www.techenclave.com/topic/454634-template-for-what-should-i-buy-use-this-when-asking-for-advice/.

Even I work on Autodesk Maya. Your rendering speed is going to depend a LOT on the graphics card as well as your processor speed.. 4 to 6 GB RAM will suffice more than enough. But theres no point just concentrating on the choice of your motherboard. if you've got a good budget, concentrate first on your graphics card and then the processor.. invest heavily on the graphics card if you want fast renderings..

Even I work on Autodesk Maya. Your rendering speed is going to depend a LOT on the graphics card as well as your processor speed.. 4 to 6 GB RAM will suffice more than enough. But theres no point just concentrating on the choice of your motherboard. if you've got a good budget, concentrate first on your graphics card and then the processor.. invest heavily on the graphics card if you want fast renderings.

You got it wrong there friend, rendering in MAYA is a highly CPU oriented task, most GPGPU based render algorithms are too cumbersome to be used in mainstream work-flows.

The CPU should get the highest priority, then a professional grade graphics card, preferably the nVidia Quadro 2000 OR above, but even a Quadro 600 should be enough for the a beginner in 3D Animation.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

^^^ oh yeah.. actually i forgot to mention.. GPU based rendering will have to be specifically configured. .. otherwise, the default renders in Maya will be done on the processors..

see this if you guys wanna blow your minds off with insane render speeds.. nvidia 3d boxee.. realtime rendering.. wicked..
<

^^^ oh yeah.. actually i forgot to mention.. GPU based rendering will have to be specifically configured. .. otherwise, the default renders in Maya will be done on the processors.. see this if you guys wanna blow your minds off with insane render speeds.. nvidia 3d boxee.. realtime rendering.. wicked.

Have to check this out, never heard of it plus I have an AMD HD 5770 graphics card on my RIG. Will it function?

You need to select hardware rendering instead of default render setting in maya,that way you can tweak the settings of utilizing cpu or gpu.

You need to select hardware rendering instead of default render setting in maya,that way you can tweak the settings of utilizing cpu or gpu.

I am an animation student #[member='Jakob'] and I know a lot of GPGPU dependent render systems are available, most are optimized to run on nVidia cards and I had a HD 5770 so did not use them.

Also most established studios use CPU rendering due to the better quality of the same.

Back