Budget 71-90K PC for Editing & Rendering

malhotraraul

Skilled
Friends, building a PC after a long time, need inputs & suggestions . . . . . . .

CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
MOBO : Gigabyte B650 UD AC
RAMS : Corsair Vengeance RGB 64GB (2x32GB) 6400MHz
SSD : Western Digital Blue SN580 2TB NVMe
CPU Cooler : ??

Already have
MONITOR : Samsung LU32J590UQWXXL
PSU : Corsair CX750M
GPU : AMD RADEON RX 5700XT
CABINET : MSI MAG Forge 100R

Great component selection. Regarding CPU coolers, the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 should always be the first choice (if you can get one, that is). But the Deepcool LS720 is a great alternative. It's a superb value for money cooler at it's price range. Air coolers will have a hard time keeping down the temps at a sane level (say, below 85 degrees) during rendering. But if it's a must, I would suggest getting the NH-D15.

Great component selection. Regarding CPU coolers, the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 should always be the first choice (if you can get one, that is). But the Deepcool LS720 is a great alternative. It's a superb value for money cooler at it's price range. Air coolers will have a hard time keeping down the temps at a sane level (say, below 85 degrees) during rendering. But if it's a must, I would suggest getting the NH-D15.
where can you even find the artic cooler? it seems almost all product by arctic has disappeared from Indian market ,cant even find their fans

While it's true that they've reached endangered species category in India, some of them could still be spotted on Amazon and other online market places (at inflated prices, of course). Don't know about local shops though.

The Amazon links are imported listings. Not sure about the warranty.
Another option is to keep a lookout for Repacked @ TPS, which come with warranty -

Last edited:
MOBO : Gigabyte B650 UD AC
RAMS : Corsair Vengeance RGB 64GB (2x32GB) 6400MHz
Please check VRM temperature review of this motherboard. 6+2+2 power stages may not be sufficient for 7900X that can pull a good amount of power.
Hardware Unboxed does such features but I am not 100% sure if this Mobo was covered or not. Some other motherboard from Gigabyte with similar power delivery stage configuration can be checked as a reference.

For RAM, Please also check the CL latency. More important for gaming though.... Bandwidth is king for rendering I think, but don't go too high on latency. CL30 is king for gaming. CL40 may be too low end...

Those are imported ones ,can't even find them locally searched entire Lamington not a single shop had artic fans
The Amazon links are imported listings. Not sure about the warranty.
Another option is to keep a lookout for Repacked @ TPS, which come with warranty -
Didn't know that they were imported units. Thanks for the heads up. Seems like Acro is the importer of these and their RMA policy looks like the process would be a serious pain to endure. Also, they don't seem to have a good track record when it comes to warranty claims.

Didn't know that they were imported units. Thanks for the heads up. Seems like Acro is the importer of these and their RMA policy looks like the process would be a serious pain to endure. Also, they don't seem to have a good track record when it comes to warranty claims.
Acro is good as long as they have the part in stock otherwise a nightmare. I ordered a razor tws from elite hubs which were defective on arrival, had to do back and forth with Acro for almost 2 months before I got the earphones back and these idiots even refused to extend the warranty for them. mind you I literally raised the RMA request on the day I received those earphones as that's what elite hubs guy told me

Acro is good as long as they have the part in stock otherwise a nightmare. I ordered a razor tws from elite hubs which were defective on arrival, had to do back and forth with Acro for almost 2 months before I got the earphones back and these idiots even refused to extend the warranty for them. mind you I literally raised the RMA request on the day I received those earphones as that's what elite hubs guy told me
Never go for rma route for items that are defective out of box always ask the seller to replace it

Never go for rma route for items that are defective out of box always ask the seller to replace it
yeah I was an idiot for going that route, shoulda just replaced it but I had experience with other OEMs where they would just replace the whole thing so I figured it'll be fine. plus at the time the deal was really good so I didn't want to lose that deal by returning it

Please check VRM temperature review of this motherboard. 6+2+2 power stages may not be sufficient for 7900X that can pull a good amount of power.
Hardware Unboxed does such features but I am not 100% sure if this Mobo was covered or not. Some other motherboard from Gigabyte with similar power delivery stage configuration can be checked as a reference.

For RAM, Please also check the CL latency. More important for gaming though.... Bandwidth is king for rendering I think, but don't go too high on latency. CL30 is king for gaming. CL40 may be too low end...
however i am not into gaming, hence please do suggest on mobo & ram

however i am not into gaming, hence please do suggest on mobo & ram
Mobo:
Your selected Mobo is
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B650-UD-AC-rev-10#kf
It has 6+2+2 Power Stages, 6 for CPU power.

Hardware Unboxed has a test here (techspot is their sister website)
It tests the Gigabyte B650M DS3H & B650M Gaming X AX
Both of these also have 6 stages for CPU

They both come out as 77-78degC with 7950X load. This is with 21degC ambient temperature. With India's climate, ambients can easily be upto 10degC higher, resulting in close to 90degC VRM temps.
Suggestion is to have <70 ideal, and <80 definitely.

Accordingly, a board with more stages and lower temperatures may be suitable.

The B650 UD AC is ~16k, basic board.
The Gigabyte B650M Aorus Pro AX is costlier, but is significantly better in terms of VRM. It is ~22k, but also has WiFi6.

If your work will involve high duty cycle at high CPU power draw, better to invest in such a board for stability and sustained performance without throttling.

May also go through the rest of the techspot / HWunboxed article for more recommendations etc.

AS for RAM, Need to do more research, but I also need to finish that office presentation now. So maybe later :p

Last edited:
Ryzen 7000 series run really hot.
You'd need a watercooler for sure.
Don't skimp out on a good cooler, considering You'd thermal throttle fast and miss out on performance.
Buy a good 360mm AIO.
I have a 7950x and it runs really hot.
I have a deepcool LE750, yet it can go upto 97° c.

Use PBO in bios to optimise the CPU thermal and power profiles.
You In fact get more performance than stock and drop a few °C too.

Check the video on PBO by optimumtech.

How are 240mm AIOs vs air coolers?

I just ordered a liquid freezer iii 240 locally
While I’d have preferred 360 but I use a sff case

where can you even find the artic cooler? it seems almost all product by arctic has disappeared from Indian market ,cant even find their fans
I had sent a note to arctic - apparently they have a new channel partner for India now that they redirected me to.
I ordered mine from here: https://ninjadog.in/arctic/

Last edited:
How are 240mm AIOs vs air coolers?

I just ordered a liquid freezer iii 240 locally
While I’d have preferred 360 but I use a sff case
If we are still talking about the 7900x, at full load on all cores, there will be very little difference in results between a 240mm AIO vs a tower cooled setup as both will struggle to keep the temps below 90 degrees. At lower loads however, an air cooler might even out perform an AIO (at certain scenarios). Which SFF case are you using? An AIO is usually recommended over air cooler for SFF builds due to space constraints and the challenge of achieving proper airflow configuration.

This video by Hardware Canucks should answer your question

I had sent a note to arctic - apparently they have a new channel partner for India now that they redirected me to.
I ordered mine from here: https://ninjadog.in/arctic/
Thanks for this! Now, let's just hope that they have good RMA policies in place.

Back