PC Peripherals PC for 23K

I'm helping my noobish friend assemble a pc for a budget of 23K.

Please I need suggestions from my fellow TE members quickly since we are intending to buy the pc within this week.

Please quote individual component prices.

Since as i earlier mentioned that my friend is ignorant about pc parts he is adamant on getting an intel based pc but if there's good amd based solution within that budget i might try and convince him to buy that.

Budget is tight so might be able to extend by Rs.500 max.

Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

P4 based assembled pc 5 years old

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Keyboard

Mouse

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU - Intel e7500

Motherboard - any compatible motherboard

GPU - no

Ram - Transcend 2Gb

Hard Disk - WD 500GB

Monitor - any 19'' or above

Speakers - any good 2.1 speakers

Optical Drives -any good DVD writer

PSU & Cabinet - any entry level cabinet with psu.

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

No upgrade for atleast 2 years

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Mumbai

No online purchase

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Browsing

Desktop Processing

Running oracle database

Occasional casual gaming

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Preference would be towards Intel based system

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

Racing - Grid at medium to high settings

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit

Athlon II X4 620 @5.5k + Biostar TA785GE 128M @4.2k combo is the best with this budget. Add 2.5k for WD 500GB HDD. 6.5k for DELL/Samsung 19" + Zebby pro 350W @1.5k ( If you can buy online, Gigabyte 460W for 2.2k from Lynx is far better and VFM ) + 2GB OCZ Titanium C4 @1.65k from TheITWares + Logitech EX90 cordless keyboard&mouse for 1.5k + Zebronics bijli for 1k. Total = 23k. get an APC 500VA(~1.9k) if necessary.

@sabby

Can u give me the model no. of Samsung/Dell monitors that sell for under Rs.7000

Also is there any 20" in that range.

Widescreen prefered.

@ragzdiablo

games like fifa and nfs on low to medium settings

Very casual gaming might upgrade to a GPU in future.

You can get any 20" from DELL/Samsung around 7k. But I'm not an expert at monitors hence can't mention the exact model number. :( Others else can help you. :)

P.S. - Edited my previous post.

@sabby

Out of Phenom II 550 BE and Athlon II X4 620 which one's better?

And as i said in the first post that budget is tight and i also need a 2.1 speakers in that budget...

P.S. No need for keyboard/mouse.

The Athlon II X4 is very new and I didn't get to see any review and comparison between them. If it was me, I'd buy the Phenom II X2 550 BE ( probably 0922APMW batch ) over the Athlon II X2 due to lack of 6MB L3 cache. :) But that will depend mainly on the usage. If the requirement is high multitasking, then a quad core will help.

But if you can get a 0922APMW batch X2 550, then buy it eyes closed. :)

And you can get a good entry level 2.1 speaker within 1.5k ( saved from keyboard&mouse ). :) You may post in the Audio Zone to get suggestions regarding this.

@sabby

The reason i'm hesitant to go for amd based system is that it overshoots the budget

an intel costs for e7500 + gigabyte G31 mobo= Rs8400/-

while for amd Phenom II 550 BE + gigabyte 780G mobo= 10,100.

What's the cheapest 780G motherboard available for Phenom II 550 BE???

Then what is the problem? :S Okay, for your convenience I'm listing again:

AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE / Athlon II X4 620 -> 5.5k

Biostar TA785GE 128M -> 4.2k

OCZ Titanium 2GB C4 -> 1.65k

Western Digital SATA II 500GB -> 2.6k

Zebronics Pro 350W -> 1.5k or Gigabyte Superb 460W -> 2.2k (Recommended)

Zebronics Bijli -> 1k

Samsung/DELL 19" -> 6.5k

Total = 23k (with Zebby Pro PSU) or ~24k (with Gigabyte PSU)

Few suggestions and tips:

If you plan to buy a good graphic card + SMPS later, You can use the Zebby 450W which comes with the Bijli cabinet for 500/- more and get a good 20" with that extra money.

Or you can get a 2.1 speaker with that.

As far as onboard graphics are concerned, AMD motherboards are far far far better than the Intel ones. :)

Guys should i go for Intel E7500 +Asus P5KPL CM + XFX 8400GS =Rs.10,200?
Or
For amd based system AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE + GA-MA78GM-S2HP +onboard HD3200 graphics = Rs.10,225???

Its just confusing!!

CPU: AMD Athlon II 240-3.2k
MOBO: Biostar 785 GE -3.6k
Transcend 2 GB DDRII- 1.5k
Seagate SATA II 500GB - 2.5k
Zebronics Bijli Cabby with PSU - 1.6k
Samsung 2033 20" - 7.3k
Keyboard+Mouse: Logitech combo - .7k
Speakers: Altec Lansing BXR1121 - 1.2k

This will cost you 21.5k approx.:D AMD do provides you with a good upgradility path and the C2D, LGA 775 sockets is EOL. The 785GE has enough juice to run many games in low-medium settings. This will suffice most of your needs. So save the remaining money and invest in some basic GPC after few months if you want to.:eek:hyeah:

Back