Pc Dilemma!!! Please help

joylob

Disciple
Hi Guys..

My Pc hangs(Lags) after its booted.Dont know what could be the problem...when i play a song . and start copying some data to usb or other drives.. the song starts playing very slow...basically a DJ drag effect. I have optimized the system..changed the state to perfomance mode.. switched to classic theme. also ran check disks on my hard drives..and if i share my files over the LAN,the CPU usage goes 100% and the mouse would`nt move...

Following is my PC Config:

AMD athlon le 1640 2.7ghz
asus m2a-mx
3 gb ddr2 ram
40 gb ide + 640 gb sata
at radeon hd 4650 512 mb ddr2 + PSU 450W(3 yrs old)

Kindly help me...

What does the Task Manager say when you sort based on the CPU usage? It is mostly a case of some anti virus scan (since you say it happens after you boot).

No i am not running any antivirus scans.. It loads normally..But i cant do multitasking very well... i.e I am surfing the net and playing music...and then i start copying something it becomes slow..and lags a lot. The task manager shows 100% on explorer and switches back and forth..then 100% on the music player and the pc hangs .. cant do anything..Also when we do skype calls.. the person who`s talking. his voice breaks and lags a lot..so dont know what cud be the problem ??

i think your hdds have gone into pio mode.
uninstall it from device manager, and then restart the computer to see if it reverts back to dma mode.

Back