Budget 21-30k PC components under 25K

why not get a Pentium G3258, I do remember asus(an others) having a bios for the B85 which allowed overclocking. You can save a couple of grand there.

Although your suggestion does make sense for saving some precious bucks, but I've never been into overclocking and modding and kinda vary of attempting. Maybe I'll give that a thought sometime in future. Hell I haven't even fully assembled a PC. This time I was thinking of getting components online and attempting to assemble myself looking at some youtube vids, but chickened out later when my local dealer agreed to assemble it for free :p. Although i do plan to to tinker later stuff myself.

LOL, no worries on the s/w front. GPU, ram, hdd etc I've tinkered with. It's the mobo connections that worry me.[DOUBLEPOST=1442236853][/DOUBLEPOST]
hehe, that was me about 15 years ago. Paid a technician Rs 200 for reinstalling my OS :p
...and I used to make him add wallpapers and songs to the HDD as well :D(although he wouldn't charge). Ahh, those no-net-at-home days. Tough to comprehend now.

@suhailkhan
Don't worry about the VS series, people tend to over-underestimate them. True, they are inferior on paper but they are very reliable.
I personally know a lot of people using VS series without any issues at all.

Hopefully I won't run into any issues. Anyway, it has 3 yrs warranty and the dealer (Who's my friend's brother) said he'll handle if I come across any issues. But I do agree with a point made by 'crapmypants' about the PSU being a much more important thing than it's made out to be by the local dealers. Hell, the core2duo desktop I owned earlier had a PSU that cost around 450/- bucks :D. And most people go for the cheap cabinets that come with their own PSUs.:eek:

why not get a Pentium G3258, I do remember asus(an others) having a bios for the B85 which allowed overclocking. You can save a couple of grand there.
The g3258 doesn't need a z series board for overclocking so almost all supported chipsets should allow it to oc.
I too was considering an overclocked g3258. the problem with this approach is that while the cpu is cheap, you will need to factor in a decent cooler if you want to overclock it thus negating most of the cost savings hence, decided against it.

Back