Pc buying advice !!

Shady93

Disciple
Hi, I need a configuration for a pc which wud work 10 hrs a day...

* Budget - 33k
My rig is
*processor - Intel core i5(suggest the series)
hard disk - 500Gb
*ram - 4gb
*graphics - 1gb(frnd suggested ati 4670, yu may help too)
*dvd writer
*monitor - 17" (not a wide screen)
*keyboard , mouse , headphones with mic.

I will buy it frm s.p road bangalore(please suggest a gud dealer)

operating system - windows 7 ..
Yu all may suggest a new but pls make sure processor is intel(evn i7 wud work if it comes withing the budget)

P.s : I might hav missed some components... Pls help me, as i'm noob in computers :p :)

hope to hav a gr8 stay here :)

Whats the main usage of the computer? Why no wide screen for the monitor? You can contact Aashirwad in SP Road. Got good feedback in the forum.

Main usage is Full gaming and an hour or 2 of browsing daily... I play dota which comes in warcraft3 the world famous multiplayer game... Long life comp and i might upgrade it after 2 yrs or so.... I dont prefer a wide screen cuz i'm a professional gamer and used to normal monitors... Wide screen wud take some time for me to adjust.. But still, i dont want it :)

^^

Doubtful the Core i7 will fit into your budget, but why are you averse to AMD you can get a good system from AMD under 30K + as DarkAngel has asked what will be the main usage of this RIG ( Gaming, Networking, Education, Download-Rig ) and for good dealers on S P Road

contact Aashirwad Computers and Golccha ( the guy may have a bit of an ego but, he can get whatever components you need ) :) hope this helps

Here is Golccha's number ~ 080-41146173

Components Description Price (INR)
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 640(3Ghz, 4 cores, 2MB Cache) 4600
Motherboard MSI 880GM-E41 4100
RAM Corsair 2x2GB RAM VS2GB1333D3 G 1333MHz 2300
HDD 500GB Seagate 7200.12 1750
GPU MSI HD5770 1GB GDDR5 7700
Monitor Dell IN2020 6600
Cabinet CM Elite 310 1550
PSU/SMPS Corsair CX400 2650
Key Board Logitech SET - Optical Blk Mouse+ MMKB 700
Mouse NA -
ODD L.G./Samung/ SOny OEM SATA DVD-Writer 950
Total 32900

(Monitor is Widescreen. non-wide are almost redundant these days)
This rig would do great as a gaming rig on ur budget for 2 yrs to come (considering ur usage) Going for a i5 would result in compromising on the other components.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

If u want Intel only then wait for the new i3 2100 to hit the market. It will cost ~6k and mobo too would be costly. Might result in other processors price to dip and either way u would end up saving some dough.

@ Darkangel

if u r looking for gaming na then

go for Amd Phenon-II X2, X3, X4. X6 anyone

and in RAM Corsair XMS3 DDR-3 1600Mhz (2*2)4GB
or Corsair Dominator..
AMD Athlon has Less Cache mem. (1.5Mb L3)
and AMD Phenom-II X2,X3,X4,X6 will give u (6 MB Cache)
so decide...

^

Oye that guy is playing DOTA not Crysis for starters also the premium you pay for a Phenom II is not always justified, cache has a limited effect on gaming it only has an effect when he is doing some intensive applications like MAYA, Photoshop which use heavy caching, RAM G.Skill RIPJAWS is better in the same price-range < as well they look more wicked :eek:hyeah: >, Dominator is too expensive and again will not be fully exploited

Back up your claims when you post give links to relevant sites like Anandtech and others

Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News ~ Athlon IIx2 640 vs. Phenom IIx2 555 Black Edition, except single threaded apps every thing is firmly in Athlon's hand due to cores

Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News ~ Athlon IIx4 640 vs. Phenom IIx4 955, the 955 pulls through but marginally ahead of Athlon premium paid +2K

Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News ~ Athlon IIx4 640 vs. Phenom IIx6 1075T, the Phenom obviously is on another plane so this more of a massacre premium paid +4K

rohitshakti2 said:
Just to know: how is Gigabyte M68MT-D3 mobo compaired to Asus M4A78LT-M LE and MSi 785GM-P45 ?

Gigabyte one is age old Nvidia chipset. MSI 785GM-P45 is a 785G chipset and the Asus is 760G chipset.
Chipset wise MSI is the best. But then what price is it selling for? My guess is 3.5k. If its 3.2kish then thats a great deal :D

Edit: Just saw that the MSI is a DDRII one. Not worth it when the price difference between 2GB DDRIII and DDRII is Rs.500.

http://us.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=171&prod_no=1875

Try getting a MSI 785GM-E51 ~ 3.5k else stick to the Asus M4A78LT-M LE.

well guys....need an aftermarket cooler dat can handle Phenom II X4 @ 4g+ for sometimes...not 24/7.........give me the cheapest option available.....

also will hyper 212 plus fit the bill?

also how is Cm vortex ?

MSI 785GM-P45 (MS-7623) (1 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)

I just bought this for 3.8k from SMC in Nehru Place. So it definitely does have DDR3 support and is a great board for overclocking.

Cheers :)

L33TWiZaRd said:
MSI 785GM-P45 (MS-7623) (1 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)

I just bought this for 3.8k from SMC in Nehru Place. So it definitely does have DDR3 support and is a great board for overclocking.

Cheers :)
Apologies to rohit. I mixed up the parts as i couldnt find that mobo is MSI site. In the end i had been searching the US site and not the global one :p

MSI 785GM-P45

The mobo is a good buy at 3.8k and the alternatives are MSI 880GM-E41/ Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H ~ 4.1k. Both have similar features as the MSI 785GM-P45 but then the Asus M4A78LT-M LE costs 2.7k and there is no comparision of features between the two mobos. In the end the choice depends on ur budget.

If u have the budget though i too would recommend the 785G/880G chipset based mobos

sumonpathak said:
well guys....need an aftermarket cooler dat can handle Phenom II X4 @ 4g+ for sometimes...not 24/7.........give me the cheapest option available.....

also will hyper 212 plus fit the bill?

also how is Cm vortex ?
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ is a pretty decent entry-level CPU cooler which gives mid-range performance for a great price ~ 1.9K < all taxes included > add to that a decent 120mm fan for a push pull configuration and you should be good to go :)

CoolerMaster Hyper212 Review - Overclockers Club

Back