Paytm Wallet Hacked and emptied . Options ?

It must be an inside job.

I have an issue opened with Paytm for 5 months now. I have close to Rs 7000 in my wallet and they are not allowing me to transfer it to my bank. This money is not part of any cashbacks.

I had to close my Mobidick account because they were stealing my money. I keep track of all of my spending and that's how I figured out the theft.
only wallet money earned from cashback cant be transferred back to the bank. normal wallet money can be sent to the bank.

only wallet money earned from cashback cant be transferred back to the bank. normal wallet money can be sent to the bank.

It must be an inside job.

I have an issue opened with Paytm for 5 months now. I have close to Rs 7000 in my wallet and they are not allowing me to transfer it to my bank. This money is not part of any cashbacks.

I had to close my Mobidick account because they were stealing my money. I keep track of all of my spending and that's how I figured out the theft.

And to think Alibaba chose paytm to be their partner :eek:[DOUBLEPOST=1433343799][/DOUBLEPOST]And to think Alibaba chose paytm to be their partner :eek:

^^ that's what i am doing for the past 5 months! they are deliberately doing it, so that i have no option other than to spend it thru paytm market. they say that they'd charge me 4% for transferring money to bank but removed the link for bank transfer.

this is the last indian wallet service i am going to use. i've already gotten rid of others. i won't fall prey to their discount offers. :p from now on, it'll be either CC or CoD. mofo indians can't be trusted. :D

Seems like PayTm is finally getting their "priorities" right...:p
Paytm.jpg

Attachments

• Paytm.jpg
    Paytm.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 251
When did you see that your transfer to Bank option is disabled?

They have disable their transfer to Bank option for everyone from last week. They published on their website/blog that they are upgrading their wallet and so it is disabled.

^^ I've been chasing them since last year's Dec mega sale. There were offers on paying thru Paytm. I used my CC. Paytm couldn't handle the load but my CC got charged. I gave them feedback. Same thing happened during this year's Jan mega sale. Those idiots couldn't handle the rush. And then i couldn't use my paytm account because of some RBI's policy. I abused paytm guys a lot.

Ideally, my money should go back to where it belongs... to my CC account. But a$sholes at paytm locked it in their wallet.

It's been 4 months that "transfer to bank" link is giving me errors. Most of the times it is non-existent. I've written to them so many times. If they were doing any upgrades then they could've sent me a canned response.

I heard a rumour that PayTM app has an exploit which let you recharge someone else's number. May be thats rumour is true? It is surprising that both the recharges were done to same number. So, some guy must have figured out and recharging his number? Since OP password was not changed at all, so I really don't think hacker must have figured out the password, but rather something else.

And also, PayTM CC was't surprised when you told them first time. So, they know this has been happening multiple times. And mostly CC guys were asked to follow some protocol.

^^ I've been chasing them since last year's Dec mega sale. There were offers on paying thru Paytm. I used my CC. Paytm couldn't handle the load but my CC got charged. I gave them feedback. Same thing happened during this year's Jan mega sale. Those idiots couldn't handle the rush. And then i couldn't use my paytm account because of some RBI's policy. I abused paytm guys a lot.

Ideally, my money should go back to where it belongs... to my CC account. But a$sholes at paytm locked it in their wallet.

It's been 4 months that "transfer to bank" link is giving me errors. Most of the times it is non-existent. I've written to them so many times. If they were doing any upgrades then they could've sent me a canned response.
That is pretty bad. I used to think that PayTM is ok since I have been using their service for the last 3-4 years.

If you work in an office, offer to pay your colleague's bills/recharges via PayTM. 4000 will get spent within a month.

When you guys pay via CC, do you guys use a Virtual Credit Card or the actual card number?
With the increase in hacks and all, I just dont trust anyone. Most of the times I use a VCC but sometimes when I am in a hurry, have used my physical CC also.

Just last week, my colleague's CC got swiped at a physical store in Bangalore. He stays in Kolkata. He called up his bank and got his card cancelled. According to him, he has never used his credit card at any physical store yet. He has only used it till now to pay for home delivery of food and for online recharges!

I heard a rumour that PayTM app has an exploit which let you recharge someone else's number. May be thats rumour is true? It is surprising that both the recharges were done to same number. So, some guy must have figured out and recharging his number? Since OP password was not changed at all, so I really don't think hacker must have figured out the password, but rather something else.

And also, PayTM CC was't surprised when you told them first time. So, they know this has been happening multiple times. And mostly CC guys were asked to follow some protocol.
Yes you seem correct , the way only one number is being recharged

When you guys pay via CC, do you guys use a Virtual Credit Card or the actual card number?
Everyone calls me as idiot, but I have never ever used my debit card online. Like never, since long back. I always use VCC. Now I have got all my cards disabled which I had used online earlier.

Now some sites require you to use original card if you want offers/cashbacks, I just tell them GTFO and don't bother about offers. And I don't use my card at shopping malls also. Thats very very rare and I have separate low balance card for it.

Guys.. PayTM will also send you an SMS for payment. Did u get the SMS?
Also choose Paytm Login via OTP. That way your PayTM account will be safe.

i use VCC with limits only in US. they have hidden charges/fine print/recurring charges/subscription model attached to every service. my US CC got hacked everytime i used it outside the US. but i never lost my sleep over it... US customer care reps handled everything efficiently.

i've never used VCC in india because it's pointless.

i use VCC with limits only in US. they have hidden charges/fine print/recurring charges/subscription model attached to every service. my US CC got hacked everytime i used it outside the US. but i never lost my sleep over it... US customer care reps handled everything efficiently.

i've never used VCC in india because it's pointless.
Did not understand why it is pointless to use VCC in India!

^^ You'll have to run from pillar to post to get your money back, whether you use VCC or original card. When my 15 year old premium relationship with indian CC company can't help me then nothing will. indians are lame.

^^ You'll have to run from pillar to post to get your money back, whether you use VCC or original card. When my 15 year old premium relationship with indian CC company can't help me then nothing will. indians are lame.
If you use VCC like HDFC Netsafe, where a new card number is generated everytime, how are you going to get hacked?
If you generate the VCC just before you are doing the transaction, the risk is reduced a bit.

I have been using my credit cards online as well as at physical locations for the past 1 and a half years. I understand that it can be risky but I haven't run into any trouble yet. I will however be getting a forex card or similar stuff when going to any south asian country. Recently my sister and brother-in-law had gone to Maldives and they used the card only for the hotel booking. Yet someone tried to use his credit card for some purchases via PayPal a month later. Nothing happened to him as he called and got his card cancelled that very minute. Plus this is the very reason credit cards came into existence, didn't they. They are an insurance against such instances, so why not take them up when something goes wrong.
Would really like to hear if anyone has had a problem getting such charges reversed.

Back