Patent blog - Need feedback!

abhi.eternal

Disciple
Hi. Me and my friend launched a blog related to Intellectual Property. My friend is a Patent Analyst and we could not actually find anything like this when she was studying for her course, hence we came up with the idea. It is just the beginning but we would really love your feedback and interaction on the blog so that we can make it better :)

Here is the link: Let's talk IP ([url]http://www.letstalkip.com)[/URL]

The blog reads like a dull textbook. Put some relevant examples/images related to the articles and jazz up the presentation in general. I guess a review of various patent search engines would be a good topic. Think about what would be relevant to people who are looking to patent their invention in India; I don't think you've really discussed anything in the blog yet that would be helpful to such a person.

kippu said:
nice site , but whats your potential traffic?

We are targeting readers who are either working or interested in the field of intellectual property and related.
chiron said:
The blog reads like a dull textbook. Put some relevant examples/images related to the articles and jazz up the presentation in general. I guess a review of various patent search engines would be a good topic. Think about what would be relevant to people who are looking to patent their invention in India; I don't think you've really discussed anything in the blog yet that would be helpful to such a person.

Harsh.. but thanks for the feedback! We have just started and will definitely add content; adding related photos is in the agenda. Also, thanks for the suggestion - we will definitely do a review of the various patent search engines and provide information to people regarding patent filings in India. Please understand this is a huge task for a single person who is also working! We are not saying we won't do what you suggested, only that it might take a little time. At the moment, we are trying to provide basic information which will eventually level up!

@sumonpathak: Thanks for your offer :) We would love to have to some articles from you. Please register and let me know via the blog or this forum so that I can upgrade your profile to author level.

@others: We need articles, lots of it, to make our blog a success. However, we know nothing comes for free! Hence, if your article is posted we will add a link to your blog/website at the end of the article. The only criteria is the article has to be somewhat related to Intellectual Property; trust me when I say that the field is quite interesting! So seems like a fair deal, what say?

Good start... :clap:

I come from a legal background and would be glad to help.

3 Conditions:

One, I'll work for Free and hence two, I'll only work when I feel like and lastly three, you'll have to provide me a topic that you want me to reflect upon.

nehaladsul said:
3 Conditions:

One, I'll work for Free and hence two, I'll only work when I feel like and lastly three, you'll have to provide me a topic that you want me to reflect upon.

Of course, whenever you want :) Please register and let me know so that I can upgrade your profile. As far as the content, that is a BIG question! We want to let our authors choose their own topic, only concern is it should be related to IP. However, I guess you could start by writing on the patent/copyright/trademark scene in India and/or compare them to other countries. Thanks for your support :)
sumonpathak said:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

provide a topic..........
Thanks for registering :) I have upgraded your profile. You can start contributing now! Again, as for the topic.. please see above!

nehaladsul said:
I registered with the username nehaladsul but I didn't get any password... :S

Can u check...??
I checked and found that the account was successfully registered. I am sorry to hear that you did not get the password. I have set it to 'letstalkip' (without quotes) so that you can log in. Please log in and change your password ASAP. Let me know once done :)

abhi.eternal said:
I checked and found that the account was successfully registered. I am sorry to hear that you did not get the password. I have set it to 'letstalkip' (without quotes) so that you can log in. Please log in and change your password ASAP. Let me know once done :)
Done! Thanx...

Now, if you can give me a topic it'll be good. Else, I'll find one myself!! :p

Patent blog

Am I glad to be a member of TE or what? :D As quite a few people here have offered their help with my.. our blog, whenever possible I will link to our unpublished posts currently, if any. This is just our way to say thanks :)

Here is the first one: Understanding Copyrights (to be published later tonight!)

^ This article is subjected to be reviewed and should not be considered to be the final post.

Some articles from the blog which might / might not interest you:

Brief Explanation for Patents

Important Tips on Protecting your Intellectual Property!

Protecting your Invention! How important is it?

What can be registered as Trademark?

TO MODS AND ADMINS If you think this is inappropriate, please edit the post so that it complies with TE policy.. and do visit our blog!

Back