Graphic Cards Palit High Failure Rate?

one dude had to RMA 3 times , and the other had to RMA 2 times, so together , they had to go through 5 cards before they found something that worked . same goes for the rest of the stuf.

AFAIK there were 2 batches of the 4800 series that were plagued with a high failure rate. I've bought palit cards for a couple of friends's rigs and they have been an icon of reliability uptil now.

greenhorn said:
one dude had to RMA 3 times , and the other had to RMA 2 times, so together , they had to go through 5 cards before they found something that worked . same goes for the rest of the stuf.

omg!! how much time did it take for the cards to come back frm rma each time??

Who told - the earlier reference model of HD 4850 relesed by PALIT gone such failure due to heat , after that they made the wonderful cooler which keeps the GPU under 50

as same HD 48XX series brings the lot of heat with the reference cooler , so many brands have to make their own cooler by the time as released reference model gone failure

Also as SORCERER says is True , many of them will not much care about their PSU

Amien said:
AFAIK there were 2 batches of the 4800 series that were plagued with a high failure rate. I've bought palit cards for a couple of friends's rigs and they have been an icon of reliability uptil now.

oh k!! wat do u think of the gtx 260 sp216 sonic??? any news about its failure rate?? will buy it very soon,so jus wanna sure:)

greenhorn said:
Two of my friends bought palit 4850's. between them, there must be at least 5 dead cards (including a 4870 :p) and about 8 months spent waiting for the card to return from RMA and a few K in shipping between the two of them and multiple RMA's.

This is across cards which are bought from separate locations, and spread across multiple batches. If i were you, I wouldnt

Same happened to my friend.. i recommended him Palit 4670 as it was cheap/VFM (ignoring some failures of 4850 on Te etc.)

Few days, it stopped working.

Then RMA card also dint work.

now he's using Powercolor HD4670 for which i had to fight with the dealer.

This was the turnaround for me.

PS: he is using Corsair CX400

so only the 4800 series of palit cards are going kaput??? what about the nvidia cards. I have been using GTS 250 for over 2 months now. They are running fine.

stalker said:
For some reason unkown to most of us, Sato has these extremely passionate opinions about technology. I his words... Everything except for a few lucky brands just COMPLETELY SUCKS AND SHOULD NOT BE PURCHASED

Passion = total BS! He's been posting FUD evereywhere which I promptly report to the moderators and they do what's deemed fit. Heh his survey was total fun though. :rofl:

greenhorn said:

And greenie, enough of bashing Palit man. Your friends've been very unfortunate with the bad cards. This thread felt like a total deja-vu to me and I was expecting you to turn up in this thread with fewer posts. Your friends probably had a bad experience with a bad batch of their cards. I hope their cards're working perfectly fine now *touchwood*. Any card can have the same fate and the failure rate as that of Palit and doods at TDF have been spreading FUD for a while. :no:

Come across this several times: A happy customer might refer the instance to few of his friends whereas an unhappy one would do the same to a lot many! So true that.

I dont know about the others but bottom line..if you want ATI go for Sapphire, good RMA service and have used 3 different cards till now all of them have served me well without a single glitch. If you want Nvidia....then I dont know as I have not got an Nvidia for quite a while but the last one I used was a 8600GT from XFX and that was pretty good. No issues and worked as it should.

Ah i guess arguing with some of you (gannu, stalker) isnt just possible maybe coz of ur extreme Ego level... Why dont u come with points vs points, facts vs facts, cant you have a healthy argument?... just proving others wrong wont make you right. guess you will never learn.. feel pity for you people.

Gannu said:
Passion = total BS! He's been posting FUD evereywhere which I promptly report to the moderators and they do what's deemed fit. Heh his survey was total fun though. :rofl:

And greenie, enough of bashing Palit man. Your friends've been very unfortunate with the bad cards. This thread felt like a total deja-vu to me and I was expecting you to turn up in this thread with fewer posts. Your friends probably had a bad experience with a bad batch of their cards. I hope their cards're working perfectly fine now *touchwood*. Any card can have the same fate and the failure rate as that of Palit and doods at TDF have been spreading FUD for a while. :no:

Come across this several times: A happy customer might refer the instance to few of his friends whereas an unhappy one would do the same to a lot many! So true that.

:rofl: i knew you would blame fate for this even though green mentioned "purchased different places, hence different batches"

What you guys are discounting, is check the no of Palit cards sold due to its attractive pricing. 10 cards failing is a bad indication, but 10 cards out of say 200 cards sold, does not seem very bad.

Now look at other companies like XFX, EVGA, failure rate may be low like 1 card etc, but 1 card out of 10 sold, might not be so rosy. Its easy to gather data on card failures, but much difficult to get data on total cards sold. In the end, I always say, if the ASS is decent buy, cause that's all that matters. Ok, now if someone did a close check to post the kind of capacitors used on Palit cards etc, that would a somewhat indicative conclusion, but half baked assumptions on the no. of cards failing without taking into consideration the no. of cards sold is a crap analysis. Pulling up definitive nos out of thin air (eg. "there is a 75% chance your card will fail etc") is criminal.

I had some terrible experience with Asus and their ASS (not a conclusion the brand is bad), but I will not touch their products with a pole. On the other hand, a not so good brand like Jetway has served me well, as even if it fails I can simply throw-away the product without bearing a huge cost..

my palit sonic 4870 1GB was DOA.. but was replaced on spot after i got it back... no questions asked... have been working awesomely since...

Anything can fail incl orbital rockets-why single out palit??
Bcoz it has cheap bundle and price compared to asus, Xfx???

Well Palit HD 4850 cooler was one of the best when 4850 was released cards frm other brands used to run @ 80C~100C.

I dunno abt Palit service so cant comment. However sapphire warranty in India is gr8:hap2:

Aces170 said:
What you guys are discounting, is check the no of Palit cards sold due to its attractive pricing. 10 cards failing is a bad indication, but 10 cards out of say 200 cards sold, does not seem very bad.
Now look at other companies like XFX, EVGA, failure rate may be low like 1 card etc, but 1 card out of 10 sold, might not be so rosy. Its easy to gather data on card failures, but much difficult to get data on total cards sold. In the end, I always say, if the ASS is decent buy, cause that's all that matters. Ok, now if someone did a close check to post the kind of capacitors used on Palit cards etc, that would a somewhat indicative conclusion, but half baked assumptions on the no. of cards failing without taking into consideration the no. of cards sold is a crap analysis. Pulling up definitive nos out of thin air (eg. "there is a 75% chance your card will fail etc") is criminal.
I had some terrible experience with Asus and their ASS (not a conclusion the brand is bad), but I will not touch their products with a pole. On the other hand, a not so good brand like Jetway has served me well, as even if it fails I can simply throw-away the product without bearing a huge cost..

man's got a point:)

The warranty of Palit is much better than all other brands except XFX cause XFX is the Brand which RMA with in 10 days , PALIT replaced my friends card 8800GT sonic with 14 days

damngoodman said:
The warranty of Palit is much better than all other brands except XFX cause XFX is the Brand which RMA with in 10 days , PALIT replaced my friends card 8800GT sonic with 14 days

in tat case palit is even better!! one the members said his 4850 was replaced within 2 days by tirupathi enterprise!!

Back