OC & Modding Overclocking woes

dhiman

Disciple
Hi

I tried to overclock my new system but if i try raising the HTT to anything beyond 220 there are frequent lock ups, anything more than 225 and it wont boot altogether.

I have tried HT of 2x,3x, divider ratio DDR200,DDR266 Multipliers from to 5 to 8 but no mater what, i cant go beyond 220. Havent touched Vcore or VDimm. Also have locked the PCIx to 100 MHz and PCI to 33.33 MHz.

Where is it going wrong? I am absolutely new to overclocking.

PS: The system is aircooled and the idle CPU temp is around 40C

Dhiman

try running memory@2T, see how it goes :(

try relaxing your memory timings, give us more details.

p.s - my two bits under the o/c sun, before the big guns reply ;)

Anish said:
Reduce your HTT bus speed to 800 Mhz...
dhiman said:
I have tried HT of 2x,3x, divider ratio DDR200,DDR266 Multipliers from to 5 to 8 but no mater what, i cant go beyond 220. Havent touched Vcore or VDimm. Also have locked the PCIx to 100 MHz and PCI to 33.33 MHz.

i think he has tried all the setting ...... buddy can u tell us wat timings are u using for ur ram .....

try 3xHtt
and lock the ram at 333 with 2.5-3-3-8 with 2T
increase ur FSB and reduce the multiplier this was u can see if anything is wrong with the motherboard ...... anyways which PSU are u using ....

Hi Rahul,

I am using a Powersafe 400W and i have the following devices connected

XFX 6600 GT
2 cabinet fans
1 cabinet side fan
1 DVD reader
1 CD Writer
1 40 GB PATA
Kb, USB mouse and a headphone.

then i don't think PSU has problem ..... try the setting i have told and then tell me ...... use a multiplier of 7 or 8 for CPU ....

Its kind of strange - i unplugged the CD Writer, the two cabinet fans and now i am on HTT 235 though not Prime tested as yet :D

The memory timings are 2.5-3-3-8 2T

Is it because of my PSU then? 400W not enuf :p

400w is enuf buddy because i am running mine configuration from 400w Powersafe :) ..... coz i have send the 500w to home and planning to get a new PSU then i will sell this 400w PSU ...... and i think 400w is working as same as 500w no much voltage drop ..... voltages are almost same as 500w

run prime & memtest, see if it's stable, 2.5,3,3,7@2T should be easy on ur rig. as rahul said it's not your psu.

ht should be 4, what about your memory its sync or running at 5:6.(look at my sig, running on crapo-rig with limited bios options)

plz try posting complete details.

Anish said:
I still say, your HTT bus frequency must be at 800Mhz or else you'll blow your board...
no way he can blow his board ..... and as he said he is trying HTT multiplier of x2 and x3 so HTT bus frequency will be lower than 800Mhz .....

I still say, your HTT bus frequency must be at 800Mhz or else you'll blow your board...
if its nforce 4 then i'm sure he can be @1000mhz right ?

& for asus a8ne(nforce4 ultra) supporting 2000mhz(specs), he is pretty safe even above 1000mhz.

dipdude said:
if its nforce 4 then i'm sure he can be @1000mhz right ?

& for asus a8ne(nforce4 ultra) supporting 2000mhz(specs), he is pretty safe even above 1000mhz.
2000 Mhz is for both way .... that mean for uplink and downlink .... the max he can have is 1000Mhz ...... anyways sometimes u can hit 1100-1200 and stable but its safe to keep it lower than 1000Mhz ..... as it doesn't have much performance improments .....

2000 Mhz is for both way .... that mean for uplink and downlink .... the max he can have is 1000Mhz ...... anyways sometimes u can hit 1100-1200 and stable but its safe to keep it lower than 1000Mhz ..... as it doesn't have much performance improments .....
ok, thought so, he is safe @ 1000mhz

dipdude i put the memory on DDR266 just to rule out any bottlenecks due to RAM...my primary intention is to find out the optimum HTT from the system, then i would tweak the rest.

Yeah no way i will let the HTT bus frequency go beyond 1000...i have set the HT on only 3x

gave up! back to stock :rofl: so very frequent lock ups... i am scared :rofl:

If somebody has any idea what is causing this pls help me out:huh:

I want to play nfs mw @ atleast 40 fps :tongue:

Back