OC & Modding Overclocking AMD Athlon 3000 Venice

satyanjoy

Skilled
I want to OC my AMD Athlon 3000 Venice proccy. It clocked at 1.8ghz. Can someone guide me how to do that wiithout much jargon.Is it possible to do it without stock cooler. I am using Foxconn Geforce 6100 chipset motherboard. I don't have a fan in my cabinet. please guide

satyanjoy said:
I want to OC my AMD Athlon 3000 Venice proccy. It clocked at 1.8ghz. Can someone guide me how to do that wiithout much jargon.Is it possible to do it without stock cooler:no: . I am using Foxconn Geforce 6100 chipset motherboard. I don't have a fan in my cabinet. please guide

Dude, you mean w/o any cabinets ventilation fan.. If so, then yes u can..
Just do some resarch with BIOS to find any options related to Frequency like that . And try to post the screenshot of BIOS once you've do so. Then we will be able to help you...

rajkumar_pb said:
Dude, you mean w/o any cabinets ventilation fan.. If so, then yes u can..
Just do some resarch with BIOS to find any options related to Frequency like that . And try to post the screenshot of BIOS once you've do so. Then we will be able to help you...

yes, but there are option of puting two fans -one at the front side and one at the back side.

I have downloaded some documents on the bios and proccy- I need to consume it now. I will do the reading and come with my BIOS screen.

Install additional fans to keep your CPU cool. An AMD 3000+ Processor can go upto 2.2~2.3Ghz on Stock and some 3rd party CPU Coolers. If you need to push it more, you need to shift to Water Cooling

Rajesh_Pandey said:
Install additional fans to keep your CPU cool. An AMD 3000+ Processor can go upto 2.2~2.3Ghz on Stock and some 3rd party CPU Coolers. If you need to push it more, you need to shift to Water Cooling

Is it really necessary ? I want to OC in a safe limit- I dont want to go for spending extra bucks on cooler right now(saving for a upgrade)

satyanjoy said:
Is it possible to do it without stock cooler. I am using Foxconn Geforce 6100 chipset motherboard. I don't have a fan in my cabinet. please guide

I seriously doubt if that board will let you do any overclocking. OC'ing using stock cooler is possible to quite an extent. I remember I'd pushed my socket 939 3500+ Venice to 2.8GHz using the stock cooler. But that feat was using a different board - A8N-E. :p

WTF you dont have a fan inside your enclosure? :death:

Gannu said:
I seriously doubt if that board will let you do any overclocking. OC'ing using stock cooler is possible to quite an extent. I remember I'd pushed my socket 939 3500+ Venice to 2.8GHz using the stock cooler. But that feat was using a different board - A8N-E. :p

WTF you dont have a fan inside your enclosure? :death:

aila..another roadblock in OCing :mad: ..I will steal one

satyanjoy said:
I want to OC my AMD Athlon 3000 Venice proccy. It clocked at 1.8ghz. Can someone guide me how to do that wiithout much jargon.Is it possible to do it without stock cooler. I am using Foxconn Geforce 6100 chipset motherboard. I don't have a fan in my cabinet. please guide

dont risk in frying your cpu...

Well i guess that was a mistake....i had this proccy but board was different a8n-e i managed 2.4 on same. Decrease the htt to 3x and increase the fsb to 260-270

hi

i have the same board as yours. i have a X2 3800+ which at stock is clocked at 2 Ghz. i have it running at 2.5 Ghz stable with a minimal voltage bump. i have Cooler Master Hyper 212 with dual fans cooling the processor.

however since yours is not an X2 it should run a lot cooler than my processor. i think you can take it to 2.2 Ghz with the stock cooler. however anything above 2.2 i suggest you get a better cooler. have 1 intake fan installed in your cabby.

let me know if you need the exact bios settings to be, i can help you with that. however i suggest you do a bit of reading to get a hang of things.

regards

bobby

bobbyprajan said:
hi

i have the same board as yours. i have a X2 3800+ which at stock is clocked at 2 Ghz. i have it running at 2.5 Ghz stable with a minimal voltage bump. i have Cooler Master Hyper 212 with dual fans cooling the processor.

however since yours is not an X2 it should run a lot cooler than my processor. i think you can take it to 2.2 Ghz with the stock cooler. however anything above 2.2 i suggest you get a better cooler. have 1 intake fan installed in your cabby.

let me know if you need the exact bios settings to be, i can help you with that. however i suggest you do a bit of reading to get a hang of things.

regards

bobby

thanks for your suggestions. Please share your bios setting.right now I will go with stock cooler till 2.2 ghz. lets see

hi

here are the bios settings that needs to be changed in your motherboard in order.

1. Advanced chipset features > DRAM Configuration > Timing Mode = Manual
2. Advanced chipset features > DRAM Configuration > Memclock Index Value = 166
3. Advanced chipset features > K8 <-> NB > 4X
4. Advanced chipset features > NB <-> SB > 4X
5. Bios features > Super Speed > Performance Settings > CPU freq > 240
6. Bios features > Super Speed > Disable all spread spectrums
7. Bios features > Super Speed > Vcore Voltage > try increasing this value, one step at a time, if your system is unstable (increase too much and you fill fry your cpu)

your CPU frequency will be increased to 2160 Mhz
your memory will be running at 208 Mhz
your HT will be running at 1000 Mhz (i am not sure whether this fine with your cpu, if it is not, change setting 3 to 3X)

note :- you know where the cmos reset jumper is, right ? if not locate it before you change any of the above. use it to reset the settings if your system fails to boot. although there is a recovery hotkey, it did not work for me.

disclaimer - change these settings at your own risk, i will not be responsible for any damages caused by these changes.

happy overclocking !!!

regards

bobby

bobbyprajan said:
hi

here are the bios settings that needs to be changed in your motherboard in order.

1. Advanced chipset features > DRAM Configuration > Timing Mode = Manual
2. Advanced chipset features > DRAM Configuration > Memclock Index Value = 166
3. Advanced chipset features > K8 <-> NB > 4X
4. Advanced chipset features > NB <-> SB > 4X
5. Bios features > Super Speed > Performance Settings > CPU freq > 240
6. Bios features > Super Speed > Disable all spread spectrums
7. Bios features > Super Speed > Vcore Voltage > try increasing this value, one step at a time, if your system is unstable (increase too much and you fill fry your cpu)

your CPU frequency will be increased to 2160 Mhz
your memory will be running at 208 Mhz
your HT will be running at 1000 Mhz (i am not sure whether this fine with your cpu, if it is not, change setting 3 to 3X)

note :- you know where the cmos reset jumper is, right ? if not locate it before you change any of the above. use it to reset the settings if your system fails to boot. although there is a recovery hotkey, it did not work for me.

disclaimer - change these settings at your own risk, i will not be responsible for any damages caused by these changes.

happy overclocking !!!

regards

bobby

thanks for the guide. Will work on it let you know

Back